TTS-1 sound differs in MME and ASIO mode

I found that TTS-1 output (on export) differs depending on what driver mode is chosen for output: ASIO or MME.

When I subtract one result from another, I see separate occasional notes from time to time, while pauses between them are completely silent.

How this option can impact export results at all?

And why the difference is like that?

All I can imagine is MME forces 16-bit mode only, and Cakewalk uses this information as the default bit resolution for projects containing only software instruments.

But in Trasport module in both cases I see 24 bit.

2 hours ago, Oleg Karavan said:

I found that TTS-1 output (on export) differs depending on what driver mode is chosen for output: ASIO or MME.

Non-realtime audio rendering is an offline process that does not depend on hardware or drivers. I think it's more likely that TTS-1 just never renders the same way twice. Even if you do two exports with the same driver mode, they will differ enough not to null. I've observed this with TTS-1 in the past. I believe it's  a micro-timing issue as opposed to the timbre differing.

When I make two exports with the same driver mode, they are binary identical (compared them with "fc /b" command). I close-open Cakewalk before  export to avoid possible internal timing offsets. So yes, with this song TTS-1 renders exact same binary output every time. But for some reason changing driver mode somehow impacts offline rendering. And I can't get why this happening. I also checked old version (Cakewalk Music Creator 6), and it behaves the same way - results are equal (close enough considering dithering) for one driver mode, and differs for different. How Cakewalk desides, what data format to request from VSTi/DXi? I thought it is "Render Bit Depth" parameter in settings.