Manually Adjusting a Node for Automatic Volume Animation

Juanbanzai

Hi. I've been searching all over the forums for an answer to this and I don't think I'm even asking the question correctly.

I'm using Cakewalk to mix down a Podcast I'm producing. Don't know if anyone's ever used the software for this purpose, but it works incredibly well. I'm able to create animation nodes to automatically adjust the levels for different tracks in the mix and THAT works very well also. However, when I go back and make an edit or two, or I want to fine-tune the automatic adjustment of a level, I have to zoom in on a clip, make sure the clip properties is set for "Volume", then grab each node in the animation string to make the adjustments. I would love to either be able to click on a node and make the adjustment using the corresponding fader, or even better, enter a level in db somewhere. This gets especially tedious if I'm using clip volume animation and two nodes are in the clip. If I click the left node and move it, I wind up with a change in volume that's different by the time the clip plays through and it goes from the left node to the right node... does that make sense? I'm attaching a picture to hopefully explain it better. The images shows clip animation, but I want to do this for track volume animation as well.

Thanks for the help.

Aaron

Cakewalk Nodes.jpg

As I recall - hold ctrl and drag in the middle of clip up/down will move both nodes same amount.

But I may misunderstand since I don't know what you mean by volume animation in this context....

Thanks so much for the replies. Here's another screen-shot of the volume animation I'm trying to accomplish. These animate track faders at each node.  I'd like to be able to change THESE volume points at each node to maintain consistency.

Cakewalk Nodes - 2.jpg