Zero-G World Pack $16.95

Reid Rosefelt

This deal came along before and I passed because I wasn't sure if it was only Apple loops, but this time I checked and it is definitely all Acidized Waves and AIFF
I don't usually buy loops but I love world music and I'm sure there are some things I'll find inspiring here, even if I don't literally throw them directly into my tracks. 

This is by no means the only world loops that Zero-G sells, but it is a lot of them.  These tend to the more ethnic loops than the dance or contemporary ones. 

Over 5900 Samples - Over 5 GB   This is an assembly of a lot of their World packs, most of which sell for more than this even when they're on sale. If you are curious about what exactly is in them there are manuals on each of the product pages.   They've added some new things too.

Ends Friday May 22nd at 11:59 BST

Afrolatin Slam (African, Latin, and Afro-Latin fusion loops).

Celtic (Loops of celtic instrument performances from Ireland, Scotland, etc).

Deepest India (Superb, evocative and inspiring instrument/ vocal/ ensemble loops from India).

Flamenco Sounds (The world's finest library of Spanish Flamenco loops).

Middle Eastern Sounds (A brand new varied collection of loops from North Africa and the Middle East). 

Sounds Of Polynesia (A wonderful library of loops from the South Pacific islands and Australia).

Pure Brazilian Beats (An incredible collection of Latin rhythms with an infectious feel).

Pure Tabla (An unbelievable range of sonic beats created entirely with tabla drums!).

Tribal Elements (A brand new diverse library of samples from Africa and the Far East.  Lots of percussion. 

Vindaloops (Wonderfully expressive and expertly played Bhangra loops)

Approximately 3,000 new unique loops and instrument samples  have also been added--so a little more than half of the loops aren't in the above collections.  Some of these have only a few hundred loops. 

Ethnic Volume 1 (A diverse selection of 'world' loops from many countries and cultures).

Ethnic Volume 2 (A diverse selection of 'world' loops from many countries and cultures).

Get it HERE

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 3

Just a note, that this collection is not a full assembly of a lot of their World packs. From the description:

We have cherry-picked the loops and samples from a wide range of successful world/ethnic products

Took a chance on the pack (and paid $3 in VAT but w/e).
It certainly beats your average pack of loops from, say, MAGIX.
Lots of world drums, probably few unique ones (I can almost swear I heard a few of these sampled somewhere) but it covers the basics.

It also comes with "World Pack Instruments", a bunch of folders containing either wavs for drumkits or wavs for sampled instruments.

Overall, IMHO as a hobbyist, it's neither a jaw-dropping deal nor an absolute dud. It's fairly decent.

2 hours ago, Cristian said:

Took a chance on the pack (and paid $3 in VAT but w/e).
It certainly beats your average pack of loops from, say, MAGIX.
Lots of world drums, probably few unique ones (I can almost swear I heard a few of these sampled somewhere) but it covers the basics.

It also comes with "World Pack Instruments", a bunch of folders containing either wavs for drumkits or wavs for sampled instruments.

Overall, IMHO as a hobbyist, it's neither a jaw-dropping deal nor an absolute dud. It's fairly decent.

Did you get the sense that they didn't put ALL the stuff in from the various packs? 

Rave review from you about being better than MAGIX.  😄

Interesting comment on the page:

Incredible! worth every penny, took me 7 hours re-sorting through all the content to my own preference. This is the only "world" pack you will ever need.

Yeah, the labeling on Zero-G products is often not the best.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Haha 2

I have the Celtic Kontakt library from Zero-G and it seems most of the samples from that are in this sample pack. All that seems to be missing are a bunch of one shots. And the Kontakt instrument files of course. Also note that the expanded pack takes up over 10 GB because the acidized loops are "duplicated" in the garageband loops.

I decided to get this but forgot all about it because of EZBass.  On Saturday, I went, "oh no, I missed it again. "  But they extended the deal until today. 

I've spent a few hours with the ADSR sample manager checking it out.  For me it is well worth the money.  Lots of great world percussion, for one thing.  Many, many instruments I don't have, and I have a lot.  Of course the one-shots don't compete with multi-sampled instruments, but they still are very usable.  I could see myself using one of the loops or redoing something similar with a drum replacement instrument.

Having spent a lot of time in Brazil, I think the samba school Carnival stuff is pretty great.  It has a real energy to it that you can only find in the Cinesamples Brazil library.

There are also "instruments," samples that you can stretch on your keyboard with a sampler.   Some pretty unusual stuff.  I'm definitely going to take a few minutes to throw some of these together.  It will be interesting to have a conch shell instrument and maybe layer it with something else.in Falcon.

I discovered that I already had some of it, because I had their Ethnic Flavours library, which I got free with another purchase. They didn't bother to mention that.

The only thing is that it will take quite awhile for me to sort it out into usable folders, that go with the filing system I've been building for all my world samples.  It's really a mess, because they just through all these separate libraries together and called it a "world pack."  It would be nice if they just took a few hours put it together into a sensible package rather than have all their customers have to drive themselves nuts  doing  it one by one.  If you don't organize these samples, they're not really worth anything.

This is an Ikea library, only it doesn't come with any instructions.  🤬   Here you go, everybody!   Have fun figuring it out!

But I don't want to complain.  It is a really amazing deal, even by typical Zero-G sales pricing standards.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 3