Audio Export not working

武田友太

Question

I just downloaded the cakewalk recently, and I have made an midi track with my digital piano. I am trying to export this as audio file, such as mp3, but when I go to file --> export, everything except for "track template" is grey, which means I can't click it. Also, when I go to input, everything except for "track template" is black, which means i can click everything except for track template. How can I export my track as mp3?

1 answer to this question

18 minutes ago, 武田友太 said:

I just downloaded the cakewalk recently, and I have made an midi track with my digital piano. I am trying to export this as audio file, such as mp3, but when I go to file --> export, everything except for "track template" is grey, which means I can't click it. Also, when I go to input, everything except for "track template" is black, which means i can click everything except for track template. How can I export my track as mp3?

Your digital piano is an external device, yes? 

Then you need a way to get the resultant audio from that digital piano to an audio track into Cakewalk.

If your Cakewalk project only contains MIDI data, then there is no audio data to export.  This is why when you export, everything except for "track template" is greyed out - no audio.

While Cakewalk is playing your MIDI performance on the digital piano, have Cakewalk record your digital piano's performance into an audio track. Then you'll be able to export that to a wave or an MP3 file.