Goodbye Riffstation - gone after March 15th...

TheSteven

I got different results with 1.6.3 compared to 1.5 using the SAME mp3 files in both, so there is a difference with the recognition method between those versions. This happened on several simple pop songs. 1.6.3 seems to show some basic minor chords as major, while 1.5 correctly displays them as minor. That's the only difference I found. It's hard to test more because 1.5 can not be used anymore.

But all in all, Riffstation has been great. I bought it for $29 in 2013. For some reason I never got any emails about closing the servers a year ago and I've been able to use version 1.5 until just a few days ago when it started asking for activation renewal.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2019 at 1:18 PM, TheSteven said:

Just received the following email.
Riffstation is a great program and is currently free.  It'll be interesting to see what they replace it with.
+++++++++++++++++++++

Goodbye, Riffstation Pro

We are sad to announce that Riffstation Pro (Mac/PC) will no longer be available for download.

We are immensely proud of the success Riffstation has experienced and of the legion of dedicated guitar players it has seen develop along the way. We'd like to thank you for your support over the years.

We will be coming out with an exciting new product soon. In the meantime, if you are using an older version of Riffstation Pro, we strongly recommend that you update to the latest version now to future-proof your app. It's free to download until March 15, 2019.

Download

Please note that you will need Mac OS X v10.10/Windows 7 or higher to run the latest version of the application.

See you soon,

The Riffstation team

You can still get it from the wayback machine

http://web.archive.org/web/20190215124143/https://www.riffstation.com/2520674960.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5