Show/hide Busses in Console View

Davydh

Question

7 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Davydh said:

I know you can press Shift + B in the track view,
but what shortcut key show/hides the busses in Console view?

Thanks

Likely you already know this, but you can also drag them out of view by hovering over the bar at the left side of the Bus pane part of the console view until it turns to a double arrow, then click and drag to right.

It's nowhere near as convenient and quick as a shortcut, but works for a quick getting the busses out of the way for a bit.

• Like 1

You can hit the shortcut key 'H', on your computer keyboard, to toggle the hide/display of the Track Manager, and that opens up a list of the tracks and buses, each with a check box for displaying or hiding specific tracks and/or buses.

It groups them in the list, by Audio, Midi, and Buses, and there is a group-level check box, so you could hide or display all audio tracks, for example, with a check on the group-level check box for the audio tracks, etc.....

Here is a screen shot of it open, with all tracks and buses displayed (none hidden yet):

image.thumb.png.f91e19a7443281b51b9234f25e071ea5.png

And, though you were asking about the console view, for the track view, if you use track folders ( I put all midi tracks into a track folder called MIDI Tracks, and also group audio tracks into track folders, like Strings, or Keyboards, or Backing Vocals, etc..), you can click on the arrow to the right of a track folder's name, to open a drop-down that displays the different track groupings within that track folder, grouped by the type of tracks in that track tolder (audio, midi, synth, hidden).  

In the screenshot below, I opened that drop-down for the MIDI Tracks folder in a project, and as shown, there are 4 midi tracks in that track folder.  If I click on the number 4, below - under MIDI, it toggles those to hide/display.

This doesn't help for console view, because it doesn't do track folders, but it is nice in track view, to hide tracks not needed to be displayed at any given time. :)

Capture.thumb.PNG.51e0a98b8e19eede7a978e342461015d.PNG

On 5/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, winkpain said:

Likely you already know this, but you can also drag them out of view by hovering over the bar at the left side of the Bus pane part of the console view until it turns to a double arrow, then click and drag to right.

It's nowhere near as convenient and quick as a shortcut, but works for a quick getting the busses out of the way for a bit.

We have a winner (at least for me).  I couldn't see the Master bus in the Console view, but your trick worked.  I put the cursor over the right edge of the Console and it turned into the double arrow and I was able to click drag the busses into View.  There should be a way to do that from the menus.  The H shortcut did not have any effect because they were dragged off the edge for some unknown reason.  I'm making this post because in a few weeks I will probably forget this trick and i can search through my post history.

Thanks, Steve

• Like 1

Hi:)

In the TV it's Shift+B, in the CV it's Ctrl+B but the Console has to be in Focus.

You can use the Shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Right and Ctrl+Shift+Left to get the Focus on the CV then Ctrl+B to show or hide busses!

Ctrl+TAB to get the Focus back to the TV.

Shift+B does always work, Ctrl+B only on Focus CV!

Greetz;)

Bassman.