FX Settings Not saving changes

Hi

I'm using CW Vocal Strip FX plug-in on one of my projects. At some point I probably experimented with the settings during playback to see what sounded best, in particular the Feedback setting in the delay section.  After listening a few times, I decided to cut that feedback knob from about 11 o'clock down to about 8 or 9 o'clock and it sounded much better. I saved the project with that knob in the 8 o'clock position, but when I went back in the next time, the feedback knob position was back to 11 o'clock.

I thought maybe during my experimenting with different settings during playback, I may have recorded the automation of that knob. So I tried deleting the plugin altogether from that track, and re-inserted it again new, then with the now time at the beginning of the project, I set it where I wanted it without the playback running. Same thing happened. It's just not staying where I set it, even when I save the project afterwards. So I'm thinking there is some automation I need to delete somewhere, just can't figure out where, if that is in fact the solution. This is strange though, because in the plugin window the record and write automation buttons are both off.    Any help appreciated. Thanks!

MM