Arturia OB-XA

husker

6 hours ago, ZincT said:

Pretty good!

My price as a V Collection 6 owner is 149 EUR. If it was 99 I would do it but I will wait - been waiting to get EZ Bass and that's where my money's going for now :) 

Hi ZT!

Are you sure on the details?
I  have Vc6 and my upgrade to the V Collection 7 + OB-Xa V is $149...

So that's like a continuation of the $99 to C7 sale they had recently plus $50 for the OB-Xa.

25 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Hi ZT!

Are you sure on the details?
I  have Vc6 and my upgrade to the V Collection 7 + OB-Xa V is $149...

So that's like a continuation of the $99 to C7 sale they had recently plus $50 for the OB-Xa.

Not sure what you mean TS.  Yes the pricing is consistent with their recent sale but I also passed on that (although it was a close thing).
I have decent synths coming out of my ears, so I guess I'm just waiting for a better deal. Maybe see what they come up with for VC 8.

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Does anyone remember if previous versions of the V collection had releases of their individual synths prior to the release of the new version?

I'm just wondering if this is it for now and there is no v8 in the near horizon, considering that the number of synths added for each new version has been declining

Usually, Arturia releases them with a Collection.  This is a little out of cycle.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 3:21 PM, trager said:

I’ll cross my fingers for you Fleer. They’re certain to repeat that deal ahead of their transition to a holographic GUI framework.

That's not entirely impossible. A while back (1-2 years?) I upgraded from VC5 to VC6 for $69, as part of a "buy Pigments for $100 and get VC6 for another $69" deal. 

Still at VC6. Never saw a VC7 upgrade offer for $99 or less, and probably wouldn't have upgraded even if. The Mellotron is the only thing in VC7 that slightly interests me. Will wait for VC8 (at $99). Hopefully they'll add something else useful/interesting (to me) in 8, or I might skip that as well. Already have a wonderful OB in the form of OP-X Pro II.

• Like 3

Just heard on John Lehmkuhl's weekly Unify livestream that he heard from an Arturia contact that they will be including OB-XA in V collection 8 but wanted to give folks access to something new ahead of the release.

The contact said that if you buy OB-XA now they will discount the upgrade cost to VC8 (presumably by the amount you pay now, IDK). 

Here's the bit where he mentions it...

https://youtu.be/sG9Le3k7WMg?t=4395

He also shared that they will be doing a Unify patch library using Arturia synths! 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2