Arturia OB-XA

husker

1 minute ago, husker said:

My  price (Arturia V Collection VII Owner) is $49.  

Pretty good!

My price as a V Collection 6 owner is 149 EUR. If it was 99 I would do it but I will wait - been waiting to get EZ Bass and that's where my money's going for now :) 

11 minutes ago, Carlos Iglesias said:

149 euros for those who have the V collection 6. I do not understand this movement, this instrument will surely be in the V collection 8.

I think I'll wait for the next V Collection.

• Like 1

My speculation... They plan to make the upgrade to VC8 199 again, so they know VC7 owners won’t upgrade straight away, and they’re hoping those people will pay 49 now to get this, and 99 in a year or more to get whatever else is in VC8.

Arturia’s modeling has come on leaps and bounds in the last five years but they haven’t done a mainstream analog synth for ages – the last one was... Matrix-12? So for people who aren’t into modular this is presumably likely to be a desirable instrument.

Also, I understand that Synapse has an OB-Xa waiting in the wings and they probably want to get ahead of it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

At that price I am interested enough to try the demo. 😉 I wonder what buying this now will do to the price of the upgrade to version 8?

My guess is not much.  Arturia doesn't seem to discount much for owning many products over what they discount for owning a few.  Who knows though, it is a bit odd for them to release something out of cycle as well.  

57 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Five.  I passed on the last two upgrades. 

I'd hop on the version 8  - you'd get the Buchla, Clavinet, DX7, Fairlight, SynthI, Mellotron, CZ, plus the OB and whatever else they come in with.

I think updating every other version or (or maybe every other two versions) of the collection offsets their unwillingness to give their existing customers a loyalty price break.

V8 will appeal to me - especially assuming this will be included.  I skipped V7.

58 minutes ago, husker said:

I'd hop on the version 8  - you'd get the Buchla, Clavinet, DX7, Fairlight, SynthI, Mellotron, CZ, plus the OB and whatever else they come in with.

I’m still on 4. 
Will jump on 8 when the upgrade’s the same as when I got to 4, which was $69  

23 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I’m still on 4. 
Will jump on 8 when the upgrade’s the same as when I got to 4, which was $69  

I’ll cross my fingers for you Fleer. They’re certain to repeat that deal ahead of their transition to a holographic GUI framework.

• Haha 1