Session Drummer 3 missing

nickjap

25 minutes ago, Craig Anderton said:

mklink allows re-directing to the drive with all my samples.

This is a handy command to know. Not enough there to write an entire column about but certainly something that everyone should be comfortable with.

• 1 year later...

FWIW, I needed to do this today, and fortunately have access to an old laptop that i was not using for anything else.  It allowed me to do this:

1. Install the old command center app on the laptop.

2. Install Sonar Artist, just the main app and the "Artist " tools which i could pick from the list of things under the main Sonar Artist product.

That installed all the session drummer 3 stuff into a Session Drummer 3 folder under VSTPlugins. 

So i just zipped that entire folder and moved it over to my existing working Bandlab Sonar machine.  I unzipped the files into the same vstplugins folder on the main machine.  I also exported the HKLM registry hive for Session Drummer 3 which had the paths for the content  (see below) and added those reg entries to the main machine. 

Everything worked as expected.  When i next launched Bandlab Sonar, it did a VST scan and picked up the new Session Drummer 3 VST entry.  

Registry info:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\SessionDrummer3]
"Contents Folder"="C:\\Program Files\\Cakewalk\\VstPlugins\\Session Drummer 3"
"Resources Folder"="C:\\Program Files\\Cakewalk\\VstPlugins\\Session Drummer 3\\Resources"
"Documentation Folder"="C:\\Program Files\\Cakewalk\\VstPlugins\\Session Drummer 3\\Documentation"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, if you have access to Session Drummer 3 it's definitely nicer than the SI-Drums. i'm re-invigorating it on my sysmtem as  i have some older projects that i want to remix a bit but keep the session drums i had in place. i forgot that you can set it up somewhat like AD 2 and it also labels the notes in the PRV without having to make a drum map...

image.png.0afc54622103cb05df7dfda8c2f1e0c4.png