Session Drummer 3 missing

nickjap

Hi,

For various reasons I had to reinstall Cakewalk by Bandlab and having done so, I've found that Session Drummer 3 is missing. Does anyone know how I can get that download? It's really important and it features in almost all my projects.

Cheers,

Nick

It might be worth installing Sonar Platinum as well, there's some extra content that Bandlab doesn't have.

Just don't uninstall Platinum once its installed. It does have separate directory's (Cakewalk Core/Sonar Platinum) but resides with Bandlab in some ways that will remove certain folders.

Hi,

Sorry to come back to this but in Command Centre, when I open it it seems to take me only to the Sonar Platinum update (I think). I've tried to download both the full version and only the Artist Instruments but I keep getting a message saying 'there's no sonar product on my system' (sorry not sure of the extract wording as it displays in Japanese). I put sonar X2 producer in (only the 1st disc though) and likewise with sonar X3 producer. Now, I've got session drummer 1 but session drummer 3 doesn't show up even on a VST scan. (I've also looked in plug in manager to see if there's anything in not enabled section and there's nothing there.) Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong? 

Command Centre recognises me with user name but do I have to do another log in?

Any help would be much appreciated (thankfully, a lot of the old plug ins are now back, though). 

13 hours ago, nickjap said:

I keep getting a message saying 'there's no sonar product on my system'

The Artist instrument collection requires Sonar.

The best plan is to first install Sonar Platinum completely, with all of the add-ons,. Then  install the new Cakewalk.

That way Cakewalk should scan and pick up the plugins from the Platinum collection. Then just leave Platinum installed (do not uninstall it) and run Cakewalk.

7 hours ago, abacab said:

The best plan is to first install Sonar Platinum completely, with all of the add-ons,. Then  install the new Cakewalk.

This_   There have been many posts with this topic. And your best off to go this route as you'll otherwise be facing a lot of fussing about. Splat takes up very little space itself.  I rebuilt a Laptop and this was more or less all I had to do. 

Clean Computer:

Install Command Center and sign in.

Run and Install Platinum and then all the extras I wanted. 

Authorize Melodyne and XLN. run updates etc. 

NOW, install Bandlab assistant and Cakewalk  

Next install all my 3rd party VST's and authorize etc.  Tip- I make sure they are all pointed to the Steinberg VST folder.  

Cakewalk CbB  on opening for 1st time scans and all my plug ins are present and accounted for including Session Drummer 3. 

10 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

Next install all my 3rd party VST's and authorize etc.  Tip- I make sure they are all pointed to the Steinberg VST folder. 

I guess that I am just hardheaded, but I keep fighting the battle against a few 3rd party plugin installers that insist on creating that Steinberg folder without asking me. And I keep deleting that folder after moving the plugin in there to my actual VST path.

I have set up this folder 'C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns' to be the path for all of my 3rd party 64-bit plugins.

Well behaved installers will find this path, or ask me where my VST path is located. But occasionally a plugin gets installed in a new Steinberg folder that obviously isn't in my scan path. That takes a bit of detective work, but I am onto that trick now. First place I look!

Maybe your method is the path of least resistance, LOL!

Thanks all. So, this is what I need to do:

1) Backup all my Cakewalk project files

2) Uninstall Cakewalk  CBb (and Bandlab Assistant?)

3) Uninstall Command Center

4) Uninstall Sonar X2 and X3 Producer that already I've reinstalled

5) Do a desk top clean up and remove files

6) Reinstall Command Center, sign in and download Sonar Platinum

7) Download Bandlab Assistant, sign in and download Cakewalk CBb

I have Waves plugins and melodyne assistant - do need to uninstall all of these as well?

Had no idea it was going to be such an involved process - why doesn't bandlab make session drummer 3 standard in its programme?!

Please let me know if any of these steps (or the order) is wrong.

Thanks

FWIW I've installed older versions of Sonar after installing CbB without issue.

I think you'll be fine just installing Sonar Platinum from the Command Center.

There are however shared components, so you may have to re-install CbB if you run into issues. The Sonar installer should be clever enough to leave them alone if they're newer versions though.

Backing up your project files is just a precaution. You should be fine just copying it to another directory.

Just install Platinum and the Platinum add-ons from Command Center. Then re-install Cakewalk by BandLab. CbB should pick up Session Drummer with the VST scanner, along with the rest of the Platinum plugins.

Or, like Chuck said, just install Session Drummer from the Sonar X1, X2, or X3 disks if you have them.

No need to perform a clean install of everything!

Why are you uninstalling everything?? that to me is a waste of time.  Only logical uninstal would be Bandlab stuff. 

There's a lot more that would be needed to be done to achieve a clean install of Sonar.  There's all sorts of folders and registry entries that are left behind. 

Just run CCC and bring everything up to date. Then install CbB. 

In your case first thing I would do is just bring CCC up to date and leave CbB alone. 

Just run the VST scanner once your done updating CCC. 

Edited by Cactus Music

Hello all,

I think I may have done it! However, CCC would not let me install Platinum despite having uninstalled CbB. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see what it is and now that SD3 is running again, I think I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for all your help and sorry to have caused you trouble and frustration.

• 9 months later...