If needed - here are the download links for all available Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Redistributables

OK - so I have seen many posts, over the years, and several currently unresolved threads, where folks are having issues with what looks to me like either missing Windows Update optional maintenance, (which require explicit user clicking on the Install Updates in Windows Updates, for them to be applied), OR, they appear to likely be missing one or more of the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable versions, so I thought I would dig up the download links from Microsoft, for all available versions of those redistributables, for folks to download and install, if needed.

For a given version, with separate links for x86 and x64 versions, both should be installed, along with any additional ones for that version. 

(Update) PLEASE NOTE - a couple of the packages include 'i64' in their names, and these should NOT be downloaded and installed, because they are for iTanium Server installations.

You can go into Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (lists installed programs), to see which versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables are installed already.  Just scroll down, and you will see the installed ones all in a group, alphabetically.

These are supplied assuming running on a 64-bit Windows version 10, as I do not know what might be different on prior Windows versions:

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 (x86)  - *Update - No longer available, per Microsoft 

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 (x64)  - *Update - No longer available, per Microsoft 

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 ( Also)

Please note - there is also a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable downoad for the 2012 version, HOWEVER, for some reason, this particular one requires a sign in using a Microsoft Account, in order to download it:

*Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 (x86 and x64) Requires Microsoft Account Login to Download

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 (x86 and x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 (x86 x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 (Update)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 (x64)

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone
Updated to remove deprecated links to 2005 libraries and minor additional changes
  • Thanks 1

You can also download the installer of All in One Runtimes at sereby.org: 

https://sereby.org/download/All%20in%20One%20Runtimes

It contains the following (each item can be selected/deselected before install and is regularly updated):

• .NET Framework 4.8 + Updates
  • Java Runtime Environment 8
  • DirectX 9.0c Extra files
  • General runtime files
  • Microsoft Visual C++ Runtimes (v2005 - v2019)
  • Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 SE
  • Microsoft Silverlight 5
  • Adobe Flash Player (Opera, FireFox, Internet Explorer)
  • Shockwave Player 12 (Internet Explorer Plugin)
  • Like 2