Re-Sampling from 44.1 to 48

javier

Question

Hi there;

I like to work my projects on 24bit/48kHz. I recently discovered an old song/mix of mine that I would like to finish mixing and mastering. For some reason, the project was on 24bit/44kHz. Although I think the quality of the files will not benefit by resampling them to a higher value, is it correct to assume they will benefit when applying plugins and other processes during mixing and mastering?   

Also, if there is any advantage on doing so, how I should do it? Should I resample each audio track? or is any way to do it at once in Bandlab?

Edited by javier
more info

2 answers to this question

I am certain that someone will be along to either 1) swear on his virgin mother's grave that he can hear the difference in effects applied at a minimally higher sampling rate or B) demonstrate mathematically that it is indubitably possible that the difference would be discernible over a car radio. I, on the other hand, doubt it is worth any effort at all to resample the project.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, slartabartfast said:

I am certain that someone will be along to either 1) swear on his virgin mother's grave that he can hear the difference in effects applied at a minimally higher sampling rate or B) demonstrate mathematically that it is indubitably possible that the difference would be discernible over a car radio. I, on the other hand, doubt it is worth any effort at all to resample the project.

Yes, I think you are right. I probably should be more concerned if the mix was at 16 bit (?). I actually mixed it last night and I am happy with the sound. That’s what matters at the end of the day, more than the numbers. Thank you.