Waves free 2nd license for WUPed plugins (while WUP lasts)

trager

On 5/18/2020 at 11:03 PM, Bapu said:

What some people miss is that you *can* put your licenses for Waves on any USB stick. Voila! Take your laptop out and you have your Waves licenses with you. This *does not need* WUP to work.

How dow this work exactly? How can I put licenses on a USB stick? Thanks!

On 5/18/2020 at 11:03 PM, Bapu said:

5 minutes ago, BerlinGoodMan said:

Bah!!! I just got a mail from Waves saying that my second license expires in 7 days! How ridiculous and outdated is this 'update plan??' I really don't want to pay more money for plug ins I already bought once. Is there anyway around this second licensing expiring?? 

Say no to WUP!

Just move your Waves license storage onto a USB flash drive. See Waves Central to make that happen.

Then your plugins are automatically authorized on any computer you plug that into. Just install your plugins on as many computers as you like, then move the USB flash drive as needed.

But if you run two computers at the same time, you will need a 2nd license.

30 minutes ago, BerlinGoodMan said:

How dow this work exactly? How can I put licenses on a USB stick? Thanks!

@BerlinGoodMan See abacab's answer below

27 minutes ago, abacab said:

Just move your Waves license storage onto a USB flash drive. See Waves Central to make that happen.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Waves make some pretty good plugins... so do other developers.. the other developers don't have WUP and allow more than one install without messing around with USB.

Other developers listen more to their customers, Waves just doesn't care and persist in their ways which alienate themselves from the industry 😉

If I had my time over I'd never buy a Waves plugin and would recommend newbies not to start with them.. unless they change, my money will always be going elsewhere 🙂

On 5/28/2021 at 8:46 PM, abacab said:

Say no to WUP!

Then your plugins are automatically authorized on any computer you plug that into. Just install your plugins on as many computers as you like, then move the USB flash drive as needed.

But if you run two computers at the same time, you will need a 2nd license.

Thanks a lot. I'll try that!

On 5/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, BerlinGoodMan said:

. Is there anyway around this second licensing expiring?? 

Other than getting rid of the plugin themselves, I don't know of anyway around this.

• Like 1