Riff Generation: Inside Out Edtion 50% off

cclarry

Today we launch our 50% off sale for Riff Generation: Outside In Edition - along with a brand new Expansion pack called "Distressed".

For the next two weeks get 50% off PLUS all three Expansion packs at no additional cost (an additional $59.97 value).

Each Expansion pack adds 50 themed riffs (Guitars, Chimes, Distressed) to the collection's already 225+ patch assortment.

Purchasing now will also grant you free access to any Expansion(s) added in the future for Riff Generation: Outside In Edition.

If you already own Riff Generation: Outside In Edition:

We are pleased to offer this latest Expansion AT NO COST to existing owners (if that’s you, look for an earlier email sent with download information).

CHECK IT OUT HERE

$124.96

• Like 1

19 hours ago, James Foxall said:

I had never heard of this - but bought it from this sale. Thanks Larry! :)

Neither have I. Can anyone tell me the difference between using it with full version of Kontak or the free version? I don't have Kontak. Nor do I want to buy it. But looking at this has me ALMOST wanting to get Kontak.

For most Kontakt player libraries having the full version of Kontakt doesn't really help you all that much.  With the full version of Kontakt you can open the instrument up and alter some of how it works.  But since most professional Kontakt Player libraries use locked scripts, you're limited to some effect chains and some mapping things.  You can't even edit the compressed sample waveforms, though you can see them and tweak the loop points.  There is power in having the full version of Kontakt but it's not a huge advantage for Player instruments.

Given NI gives away a bunch of nice Kontakt Player stuff for free (with Komplete Start) I think it's silly not to get it/install it/try it out/learn it.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/

That way if something like this does come along, you are already to go and can buy the Kontakt Player library and add it in.

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

That way if something like this does come along, you are already to go and can buy the Kontakt Player library and add it in.

So this plugin wouldn't be adversely affected by just having the free player. Am I understanding you correctly?

I listened to all the samples they have on their site and I liked it. I may do this deal. I am hesitant because I don't want to spend the money to find out about a "gotcha" that every Kontak user already knows!! That's why I was asking. 

So good point Matt.

50 minutes ago, Grem said:

So this plugin wouldn't be adversely affected by just having the free player. Am I understanding you correctly?

That's (most probably) right - unless you want to do something wacky with it.

I've got this library and full Kontakt, but (for my use of Riff Generation) it wouldn't make a difference if I just had the player. (Full Kontakt does open a whole new world of sounds and freebies though - but then that just leads to needing higher capacity disks 😜)

51 minutes ago, Grem said:

The free player will get you all the functionality they showed off in all the videos.  They didn't once use anything in Kontakt that is not part of the Player version.

12 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The free player will get you all the functionality they showed off in all the videos.  They didn't once use anything in Kontakt that is not part of the Player version.

I watched the videos and didn't realize they were all using the free player. 

Thanks again @Matthew Sorrels and @antler for clearing this up and helping me out. 

17 hours ago, Grem said:

Neither have I. Can anyone tell me the difference between using it with full version of Kontak or the free version? I don't have Kontak. Nor do I want to buy it. But looking at this has me ALMOST wanting to get Kontak.

Kontakt player has limitations and can really only be regarded as a demo version of Kontakt. One of those limitations is in the use of third party instruments. Kontakt Player 6 is hopeless in this regard and will only open instruments specifically designed for Kontakt Palyer 6. Most third party instruments will only function in the FULL version of Kontakt unless they have a VERY expensive lisence which most don't bother with. KONTAKT is not cost effective to buy on its own but as a part of KOMPLETE.  KOMPLETE represents quite frankly astonishing value for money and is an industry standard and I would advise you to purchase it TODAY. It is awesome beyond belief.  (And as I said contains the FULL version of KONTAKT).