Melodya

cclarry

Melodya is an advanced motive editor and melody generator VST/VST3/AU plug-in which is simple to use but at the same time it offers many detailed settings for deeper control. It not just creates new melodies, it can also mutate existing melodies in different ways. The generated melody can be freely edited.

Features

• motive editor and one-click melody generation based on detailed rhythm and shape options
• advanced rhythm mapping algorithm that makes separation of shape and rhythm possible
• several melodic and rhythmic transformations used in famous, well-known melodies
• suitable for modern genres: a "Modern" rhythm generator is included (+2 others)
• a simple single-page UI which is fully customizable (colors, fonts, keyboard shortcuts...)
• MIDI file import. The dropped MIDI file can be split into melody sections that can be changed or regenerated
• melody generation and mutating an existing melody for a single click
• simple activation. No internet connection is required for activation or operation.

Why is Melodya so powerful?

• shape and rhythm is separated. Due to the advanced rhythm mapping algorithms you can use the same motive shape with multiple rhythm patterns, or the same rhythm with multiple shapes, as often happens in top hits regardless of the music genre
• several melodic and rhythmic transformations used: inversion, contour transformation, rhythm displacement, inserting lead-in notes, inserting connecting notes to mention a few.
• detailed melody and rhythm options with 3 rhythm generators included.

Available for Windows and macOS (VST, VST3, AU).

Intro offer: order Melodya for $39 until May 25!

More info: 

http://www.musicdevelopments.com

http://www.musicdevelopments.com/melodya.html 

As I understand it this functionality will be included in RapidComposer V4 (full version). At least it is in the beta release candidate. 

In RapidComposer v4 it is called the Melody Editor but essentially it's the same thing.

Melodya is the VST version for use outside of RapidComposer.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7698399#p7698399 

Edited by ZincT
Correction to details

6 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Looks like melody editor is the functionality integrated in rc4 and melodya is the vst version for integrating elsewhere

Ah yes, that's correct. I have hopefully made that clearer in my post. Thanks!

Edited by ZincT

16 hours ago, artturner said:

I might have given Rapid Composer a try at the sale price. But I downloaded the Melodya demo for a try.

I have the full version of Rapid Composer but I'm also trying the demo of Melodya.

I like some of the results I'm getting in the demo but I will probably wait for the RapidComposer update and just use the Melody Editor inside it (the MIDI can always be exported anyway).