ALL READY FOR YOU

noynekker

Okay, possible 3 minute love song . . . but I'm not even sure she really likes me yet, Lol . . . but, would be great to hear your mix, song etc. ideas in case she does . . .

Edited by noynekker
re-upload link

Thanks for responding David . . . yes, FYI, the lead vocal took a lot of practice, and needed a few "tweaks" . . . the harmonies are extrapolated from that . . . it's currently at the demo songwriting stage, so the harmony vocals will eventually get done and sung again . . . if she really loves me :) . . . if not, might end up on the scrap heap with all the others.

Seemed like the voc was panning L and R, but maybe that's the stereo separation? Kind of a nice effect though.
Might be a bit too much treatment on the vocal, couple of glitches here and there.
Writing a song for a woman goes way beyond a card and flowers. So don't worry about it, she'll like you. 😀

On 5/16/2020 at 10:11 PM, bjornpdx said:

Might be a bit too much treatment on the vocal

Yeah but

On 5/16/2020 at 5:49 PM, noynekker said:

it's currently at the demo songwriting stage

Stay with it, you'll get it there.

On 5/16/2020 at 5:49 PM, noynekker said:

if she really loves me

Stay with it either way....

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
spelling

26 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Yeah but

Stay with it, you'll get it there.

Stay with it either way....

t

Yes, thank you DeeringAmps . . . I've always subscribed to the rule "Art is never finished, only abandoned" . . . same goes for love I guess

• Like 1

Right on! It's got a great beat, very "up" . . . nice vocals! Any chance, for example at :32, the first "you" in your choruses, sustaining that into a "yoouuuuuuu" rather than truncating it? Hey it just occurred to me and not all my ideas are winners.  :)

Super cool bass line!!!

Now, if I were you, I wouldn't feel compelled to mention that "she's not Aprhodite" but that's none of my business!!!  :) 

nice tune indeed, let the games begin! Have fun and will listen for the update!

cheers,

-Tom

On 5/19/2020 at 8:17 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Right on! It's got a great beat, very "up" . . . nice vocals! Any chance, for example at :32, the first "you" in your choruses, sustaining that into a "yoouuuuuuu" rather than truncating it? Hey it just occurred to me and not all my ideas are winners.  :)

Super cool bass line!!!

Now, if I were you, I wouldn't feel compelled to mention that "she's not Aprhodite" but that's none of my business!!!  :) 

nice tune indeed, let the games begin! Have fun and will listen for the update!

cheers,

-Tom

Hi  Tom . . . thanks for the listen, so impressed by your very constructive comments, might just try those out . . . so how it goes. 

As for the Aprhodite bit at the end, well it's kind of the premise of the idea, not sure I can soften it to be "you're kind of like Aphrodite"

. . . we're older, wiser . . . it is what it is.

• Like 1

I really like this cool, upbeat song!  The mix is clean and wide, and everything is in its place.  You have a terrific voice which conveys your message very well.  In fact, I like it so much that I think that you could mix the vocals a db or two louder to make this larger than life.  Keep us posted!

21 hours ago, Lynn said:

I really like this cool, upbeat song!  The mix is clean and wide, and everything is in its place.  You have a terrific voice which conveys your message very well.  In fact, I like it so much that I think that you could mix the vocals a db or two louder to make this larger than life.  Keep us posted!

Hi Lynn . . . you're totally right about the vocals needing a boost in the mix, I've uploaded a new version with that (and a few other things) in mind . . . thank you so much for listening and commenting !