Dimension, Rapture, etc from Sonar Platinum

doncolga

Hi everybody,

I've recently jumped back into Cakewalk by Bandlab to render out multitracks for projects from years ago.  For one project, I got the message that Rapture x64 needed registration and I was not logged in as Administrator.  I reinstalled Command Center and ran it and it logged me right in.  From there I reinstalled Rapture x64 and everything was OK for the project that needed it.  I can also add Dimension and Rapture, plus the other Cakewalk Instruments in my other DAWs.  I love the sound of these and I've really missed them.  It was great to play on them again.  Even though Command Center got me on my feet, I'm assuming that's not supported any more.  I was amazed it worked.  Have there there been any updates for these instruments that I should check on beyond what I was able to do with Command Center?

Thanks,

Donny

Edited by doncolga

Not sure if this is off-topic but maybe someone knows.  Evidently at some point I imported sounds from Rapture and Dimension Pro into Rapture Session. (I don't own Rapture Pro.) I vaguely remember importing them but haven't been able to find the steps I used.  Can anyone point me in the direction of the steps? (I seem to remember there were listed somewhere.)  Thanks.

image.png.ff35ea8fa92c5bd488b567a1dfcbc1a2.png

During install, Rapture Session/Pro copy the Cakewalk Sound Center, Dimension Pro and Rapture Classic programs into their program folders.

It is a one time event so if one is in the habit of saving programs in the older synths, they do not automatically find their way into the Rapture Session/Pro program folder.

To resync the program folders either manually copy them or rerun the Rapture Session/Pro installer.

I suppose one could create directory junctions to eliminate the need to manually sync programs but I prefer to keep the original program folders separate. I did integrate the sample libraries though.

• Thanks 1

I need someone to point me in the right direction.  I'm an old Sonar user and I have licenses for Dimension Pro and Rapture Pro v 1.2.  My problem is my Rapture Pro installer  seems to be missing.  I still have my serials and add-on packs though.  Where can I get a simple installer so I can use Rapture again?

Edited by Shawn Fifield

Rapture and Rapture Pro are two different products. The last version of Rapture is 1.22. The last version of Rapture Pro is 2.0.5.81.

The ability to access installers for old Cakewalk product installers depends on whether the user created/migrated their account between 2014 and 2017 when the old company changed their customer database.

If one has Rapture Pro they definitely have an account created between 2014 and 2017.

OK.  Maybe I didn't have "Rapture Pro".  I must of had Rapture then; version 1.22 to be exact back when it was installed.  I must of missed the migrations to the new site because of life and I haven't been into making music for a few years.  I just recently installed my DAW Sonar X3 and I installed everything but Rapture because the executable is missing from my backup directory.   I went on Cakewalks website and was surprised to find it gone and my logins didn't work.  I tried resetting my password and that didn't work either.  I then installed Cakewalk by Bandlabs to find it similar.  Now I'm in the process of uninstalling Sonar and using Cakewalk.  But alas I have no Rapture installer.  Just the expansions and the serial.