Cakewalk FxReverb & FxEQ

rebob7

Question

I have many tracks where I used Cakewalk FxReverb and FxEQ which ran on 32-bit Cakewalk Sonar Platinum. They do not run on 64-bit Windows so I have kept a PC with 32-bit Windows so I can run these tracks and import wav files from my 64-bit windows Cakewalk Sonar. I seems to me that it should not be too difficult to modify these modules to run on 64-bit Windows. Has anybody tried to do that? Will anybody try? I know there are some good effects plugins for Bandlab but I would really like to keep my sound I get with the old FX plugins. Plus I could switch to 64-bit Windows on my old PC which I may need to do anyway since Microsoft is moving away from 32-bit Windows. Any Comments?

2 answers to this question

32bit DX plug-ins only run in 32bit hosts and 64bit DX plug-ins only run in 64bit hosts.,

Some of the older Cakewalk DX plug-ing were never ported to 64bit. The DX plug-in porting project stopped well over 10 years ago.

However, 32bit SONAR and its plug-ins run on 64bit Windows.

Most users when transitioning to 64bit install a 32bit version of SONAR on their 64bit Windows PC to assist with project migration.

Those plugins do run on 64 bit Windows within 32 bit SONAR (you'll just need to install a 32 bit version).

It's a pity CbB doesn't include a DirectX BitBridge as there are still some good 32 bit DX effects (like these) which would be nice to access, plus it would make migration easier.