Carbon Electra - revisit

lawajava

I was watching Davide Carbone introduce the capabilities of Scaler 2.0.  Along the way in one of his YouTube clips he briefly brought up Carbon Electra for a patch - and it sounded nice in that spot.

I'd heard of Carbon Electra, but never paid attention to it.   Today I reviewed a few of the YouTube clips on Carbon Electra and it really has quite a good sound, and it's possible to dial in some cool attitude.   In the explanations it's mentioned that all the settings are on the one page which seems nice. 

Although I need a new synth around the same degree as I need a new reverb or compressor or EQ (meaning, I don't need another one at all), this one seems very worthy. So I grabbed it.

Not a screaming deal - but it is on sale at the moment at Plugin Boutique.  For $59 I picked up the bundle which is Carbon Electra and 3 expansion packs.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/4742-Carbon-Electra-Bundle

If you haven't checked out any YouTube clips on Carbon Electra, it's worth a look!

It got my attention.

I'll top it off to say that Scaler 2.0 looks like a must have, and Davide who is behind Scaler 2.0 is also behind Carbon Electra.  

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

49 minutes ago, lawajava said:

I was watching Davide Carbone introduce the capabilities of Scaler 2.0.  Along the way in one of his YouTube clips he briefly brought up Carbon Electra for a patch - and it sounded nice in that spot.

I'd heard of Carbon Electra, but never paid attention to it.   Today I reviewed a few of the YouTube clips on Carbon Electra and it really has quite a good sound, and it's possible to dial in some cool attitude.   In the explanations it's mentioned that all the settings are on the one page which seems nice. 

Although I need a new synth around the same degree as I need a new reverb or compressor or EQ (meaning, I don't need another one at all), this one seems very worthy. So I grabbed it.

Not a screaming deal - but it is on sale at the moment at Plugin Boutique.  For $59 I picked up the bundle which is Carbon Electra and 3 expansion packs.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/4742-Carbon-Electra-Bundle

If you haven't checked out any YouTube clips on Carbon Electra, it's worth a look!

It got my attention.

I'll top it off to say that Scaler 2.0 looks like a must have, and Davide who is behind Scaler 2.0 is also behind Carbon Electra.  

I had the same thoughts after watching that video lawajava and I'm trying and liking the CE demo at the moment.

Even the demo comes with a ton of presets and that step envelope really adds something.

Makes me wonder though whether Mr Carbone is working on a Carbon Electra v2 as the original seems to be dated around 2015 so could be due a refresh.