Hoggybear

Richard Hogg

Question

7 answers to this question

in the Midi Track pane. You can choose NOTES  ( which shows midi notes and velocity tails on a grid ) - or you can choose CLIPS which will still show notes  ( with no grid ) - but it may also show controllers  like modulation, pitch wheel  etc.  The drop down Midi  TAB relates to what is shown in the Piano roll view.

Piano Roll view can show all controllers and Velocity tails. Or you can choose to not show Velocity tails controllers etc  via the drop down Tab.

Edited by RBH

Thanks RBH, It appears that when it's in clip mode, you have clip functions only, when in note mode, you can double click on note and get to the note properties diaglogue box allowing you to edit the note. My question is why do I still see velocity tails in the clip mode when they are turned off.  And why does turning them on seem to do nothing while in clip mode.

Cleared the Velocity tails somehow by  right clicking on the top right corner of clip and selecting Piano roll, staff view, event list, and sequencer, while turning on and off the Show Velocity in the MIDI drop menu.  Don't know if that was just a bug or if I did something right and didn't know it. The Velocity switch still doesn't seem to do anything for me and I have yet to find any material explaining what it does..

Thanks everyone. 

Rick

Edited by Richard Hogg
Lost all velocity now, must have been a bug