Cakewalk Bandlab Crashing

Emanuel Vella

Question

Hi,

I read many topics about this error but I still cannot find an answer.

I downloaded  Cakewalk Bandlab last week  but it is crashing all the time. I was using Sonar Platinum without problems. If I load same tracks that I created in Sonar in Bandlab, it crashes. Or viceversa if I load tracks in Sonar that I created in Bandlab and crashes, in Sonar they play without problems. In both versions there are exactly same plugins and vsts.

Any help please

20 answers to this question

The only difference that I noticed is that the Buffer Size of Bandlab is grey and I cannot change it and of Sonar is Blue and I can change it.  And record timing master, Bandlab is None and Sonar is empty.

To let you know, this is a new computer.

Bandlab.PNG

Sonar.PNG

I am not sure what the problem is as I do not have enough information. 

However, I am sure you would have less issues with a proper audio interface than with the built in Reatek sound device.

The first thing you might want to try is head over to the realtek driver webpage and download the latest drivers.

I'm using onboard sound with ASIO4All drivers (I don't do any recording and am only a hobbyist so see no need for an audio interface) - I know some people run a mile when I mention A4A but I've not had many issues over many years. I'm not sure what audio driver you are using? If you are using the sound cards own you will probably get high latency - though I understand WASAPI mode can address that but not tried that myself yet

Edited by JoeGBradford

47 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I'm using onboard sound with ASIO4All drivers (I don't do any recording and am only a hobbyist so see no need for an audio interface - I know some people run a mile when I mention A4A but I've not had many issues over many years. I'm not sure what audio driver you are using? If you are using the sound cards own you will probably get high latency - though I understand WASAPI mode can address that but not tried that myself yet

i also enjoy great success with asio4all, great workaround for no dedicated interface, and super useful on a laptop

Changing the latency for ASIO drivers using the slider is a relatively new development and doesn't work with all ASIO drivers.  Click on the ASIO Panel button instead and change the latency there (it'll be reflected on the preferences page and with the slider).

• Like 1