IK Multimedia Safe Spacer

cclarry

17 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Actually the worldwide mortality rate is 7.3% worldwide, 6.1% in US.  

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/

Be careful. There are lots of numbers floating around. 7.3% is the mortality rate for those who already have the disease. The mortality rate for the entire population is much, much less.

3 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Be careful. There are lots of numbers floating around. 7.3% is the mortality rate for those who already have the disease. The mortality rate for the entire population is much, much less.

There is only one true number. 100%

100% of the people alive today could still *possibly* get it, especially if they or their caregivers are not careful.

100% of the people who died from it, got it and died, which is the saddest statistic.

100% of the people who got it and survived did not die from it, which is the good news in all this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Bapu said:

There is only one true number. 100%

100% of the people currently sitting on my sofa think that all statistics are twisted to suit the opinion of the person presenting them 100% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, fret_man said:

Fine, I should have used the term "Case Fatality Rate",  as was shown in the infographic.

Will this device keep my bass player from unsafely 'spacing  out'?
- remembering a gig where our bass player took a hit off of a smoking pipe that someone stuck in his face in the middle of a song and for the next 12 bars he was off key, off tempo, off planet...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, balinas said:

Will this warn me if I am falling under the spell of GAS? Perhaps a loud, annoying fog horn sound if I spend too long looking at a certain ad or review?

VIBRATION, LIGHT AND SOUND ALERTS when you are too close to @cclarry threads

• Haha 4

On 5/15/2020 at 6:57 PM, Dzilizzi said:

This!  If you notice how it works, it will only work if eveyone wears it.  So, great for a warehouse company where you can't see others coming or maybe in a call center where you want to make sure everyone stays the proper distance apart.  But if no one else around you is wearing it, does it pick up signals from phones?   It makes no sense just to buy it. 

That's why it is sold in bulk to businesses.  Again, this is not a consumer product.  A company would buy enough units for its employees (or visitors if they run a business/space open to the public) so they can reopen when possible while maintaining social distancing.  It isn't for individuals.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:52 PM, TheSteven said:

Will this device keep my bass player from unsafely 'spacing  out'?
- remembering a gig where our bass player took a hit off of a smoking pipe that someone stuck in his face in the middle of a song and for the next 12 bars he was off key, off tempo, off planet...

Unfortunately this is for maintaining space, so it would be more like an ever-full pipe for said bass player! :P

• Haha 2