Help please, still having problems!

Hi Guys,

Posted here a few times regarding some severe pops glitches and drops in audio within cakewalk, had loads of advise already and ended up putting it down to some bad motherboard issues or drivers with my old PC. So i just had a brand new PC built up and again pops and drops. I'm now convinced this must be either something to do with the drivers for the Scarlett 2i2. 

Has anyone got any further advise or is anyone using the Scralett 2i2 and getting absolutely zero pops and drops? I was actually watching a video online last night and I see this guys seems to be getting the same pops.  Few examples  from his video of this happening.

https://youtu.be/fVYbsCNHCXM?t=386

Now I kinda see why he may be getting the pops as he's obviously in Cakewalk and screen recording and streaming directly to twitch by the looks of things. I only ever use Cakewalk by itself and mine seems to be worse.

The new PC is running the following:

Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm now tearing my hair out thinking of trying a new DAW

Thanks guys!

As I always advise the best way to trouble shoot is to swap out components and see what is causing the problem. You should really try a different Audio interface as yours might be defective. Borrow one from a friend or a music store. You can even order stuff on line and send it back.  

Issues like this can be a number of things. Even something as stupid as a bad USB cable. Swap stuff out until the problem goes away. 

Finally found the solution and was so simple. I've been asking about this problem for going on 3 years and not finding anything that seemed to remedy it for me even building a new PC.

So the answer was to change the thread scheduling model to number 2 within Cakewalk, literally just that has completely stopped it. I even took one of my largest projects and duplicated all the tracks numerous times including the events and plugins until I had over 300 tracks loaded and playing, you know what sounds awful but no pops and glitches. I'm surprised nobody had suggested this to me in the past, maybe it's something that affects AMD processors more.

Anyhow I'm super happy, if anyone else wants to try this just go edit - preferences - configuration file and then thread scheduling model, I simply changed this to 2.

Thanks to everyone over the years who has given suggestions and help with this, all very much appreciated.