You're Flat

Notes_Norton

6 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Kenfucius, I thought the entire reason for the jumbo guitar was to hide the beer belly.

Yes Bob  , In addition to hiding a large  beer belly , a Gibson Jumbo can effectively hide     National  Geographic  Knee Knocker  Sized  moob's . A  large generous  side order of Muffin Top Love handles and a  Bedazzled in Gold Sparkle Manley version of a J. Lo Wide Berth Beginner Sized Twerking  Patoot ....

If cash is low as it may be for some musicians , An Epiphone Jumbo can work very well in a pinch .

nice talking w you ,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

So if you have a ukulele you have nothing to hide.....................................Hmmmmmmm.................😮

Well , that all depends on who you are where you do all your swimming.

If you happen to be at your local gym doing laps in the Olympic sized swimming pool and the Life Guard  yells out too you " Hey Shamu its time for you to get out of the Pool. We are about ready to close " and then  you come out of the water dripping wet reaching for the towels wearing only a Speedo ....

......😮 you  tell me

Walrus.jpg

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Well , that all depends on who you are where you do all your swimming.

If you happen to be at your local gym doing laps in the Olympic sized swimming pool and the Life Guard  yells out too you " Hey Shamu its time for you to get out of the Pool. We are about ready to close " and then  you come out of the water dripping wet reaching for the towels wearing only a Speedo ....

......😮 you  tell me

Kenny

Noooooooooooo!   I had to wear Speedo swimsuit in high school. Thanks for bringing back bad memories.  At least it wasn't as bad as my older brother who had to take swimming in high school in the buff. 

• Haha 1

Interesting discussion that I recently read elsewhere that a piano isn't really in tune. Since it needs to space 12 equal tones out a few are off here and there. If a violinist plays with a piano their perfect pitch might be off compared to the piano tuning. In order to play along they need to play out of tune or have the piano custom tuned.

• Thanks 1

The last time I spoke with a piano tuner (are there any of these people left) they said the "stretch tuned" the instrument, progressively sharp higher than middle C and progressively flatter lower than middle C. He said the piano sounded more in tune that way.

Of course, since we use equal temperament, none of are instruments are really in tune anyway.

And neither the grand piano nor the violin will hide the beer gut.

3 hours ago, MUDGEL said:

If I strap on a jumbo git in front of my belly, we’s gonna have to be in seperate rooms. 

I know about that feeling Yes I do . Last year I started to puff up . The short story was I had been experiencing my first round with Heart problems .

I went from my so called normal weight give or take 10 pounds to looking like I was ready to enter my 3rd trimester ...

Large Jazz Box's  felt like they were in another Zip code  .

It turns out I had over 40 pounds of fluid retention ....Doc told me my body thought I was bleeding out so it went into a mode where it held on to my fluids .

Since I had to take on a whole new health challenge and stick w it  ... lowering my sodium intake  and  eliminating just about every  thing I like to eat  .

I can say I'm back down in my weight w out the extra fluids and I'm doing my best to follow my treatment ...

have a good one

Kenny

• Like 1