Scaler 2 is scheduled for release on May 27th, 2020

Carlos  Iglesias

2 minutes ago, Carlos Iglesias said:

According to rekkerd.org it will be a free update for those who have the previous version. You can also buy it now and you will receive the update for free.

I'm hesitating between Chordprism or Scaler. Which one do you recommend?

https://rekkerd.org/plugin-boutique-scaler-2-midi-effect-to-be-released-may-27th/

It will be a paid upgrade unless you buy it within this window from all reports I've read.

There is already another thread on this in the deals section.

I'll be surprised if anyone recommends ChordPrism over Scaler 2.

8 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

It will be a paid upgrade unless you buy it within this window from all reports I've read.

There is already another thread on this in the deals section.

I'll be surprised if anyone recommends ChordPrism over Scaler 2.

I do!

8 hours ago, rcklln said:

I have been looking at the various options for months and after watching some youtube videos decided scaler was the one I wanted. Glad I held off and hoping for a good price at release.

I'm not a betting man, but I'm strongly guessing the current offer of $49 of buy v1 and get the v2 upgrade when it comes out free is as good as it is going to get until a fire sale at some point.  

9 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

So why would one need/want this if they have

Stuff exists in some DAWS

Cthulhu

Riffer

Instachord

4 years of college music theory

I have these but haven't really used them much.  I am thinking about getting this one.

A different workflow and layout (and in my mind, some different features) than those.  I have Instachord, but personally Sclaer makes more sense to me and I find it easier to use (Cthulhu and Riffer to me are completely different products).  I'm also not a keys player and while I've been making music for 20+ years, theory never really interested me.  I care about emotion and feel, Theory in my world is only a tool to get there.  And scaler makes sense on that front, even putting descriptions of feelings along with Scales it selects as options for a chord.  

If it makes sense for you to purchase that probably depends on what you want to get out of it.  (I have instachord, Cthulhu CM but basically don't use them).  Scaler 2 will have a place in my workflow for some projects.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm not a betting man, but I'm strongly guessing the current offer of $49 of buy v1 and get the v2 upgrade when it comes out free is as good as it is going to get until a fire sale at some point.  

A different workflow and layout (and in my mind, some different features) than those.  I have Instachord, but personally Sclaer makes more sense to me and I find it easier to use (Cthulhu and Riffer to me are completely different products).  I'm also not a keys player and while I've been making music for 20+ years, theory never really interested me.  I care about emotion and feel, Theory in my world is only a tool to get there.  And scaler makes sense on that front, even putting descriptions of feelings along with Scales it selects as options for a chord.  

If it makes sense for you to purchase that probably depends on what you want to get out of it.  (I have instachord, Cthulhu CM but basically don't use them).  Scaler 2 will have a place in my workflow for some projects.  

I've never bought anything DAW related based on that. 😁  Maybe once I get more involved in Max4Live I will take all of them and automate them with one click and a project comes out of them.

I'll probably get this anyway,

Edited by kitekrazy

On 5/14/2020 at 9:00 AM, Carlos Iglesias said:

I'm hesitating between Chordprism or Scaler. Which one do you recommend?

I already own Scaler and am looking forward to Scaler 2.  

I had never heard of Chord Prism, so I downloaded a demo version after watching a few videos explaining it's features.  The demo was full featured except that it timed out after 20 minutes.

I played with it for a few days and came to the conclusion that it was not in the same league as Scaler.  (Or Ripchord or Cthulhu). 

I'm not sure who the target audience is for Chord Prism, but it's "1 finger" chord system is very primitive compared to Ripchord or Cthulhu.    

After playing with it for a few days I have deleted it from my system. 

Anyone interested should download the demo and decide whether it's useful for them.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...