Alphatrack for the win(10)

Leizer

Big thanks to Aslow3 for the amazing AZcontroller and preset for the obsolete Alphatrack. I bought a used one yesterday for 30$ and after years looking at another brands (bought a Faderport two years ago and send it back), this works great with win10 and CbB. Thanks Gswitz for compatibility info as well.

I had to install driver as a win7 compatibility to get it installed properly. To be honest I didnt understand much of Aslow3s AZcontroller, but I followed his Alphatrack preset page and it worked directly with default settings.

Two questions so far:

-Is there a way to flip between tracks/buses without using the mouse?

-What do F5-F8 do? Are they left for assigned functions?

• Like 1

Track/buses should switch by pressing left encoder (in plug-in/EQ mode works with Shift only, in all other modes with and without shift). That is mentioned in the documentation (and differences list for the preset).

F1-F8 have "default" behavior from the documentation (save/recall current strip). F1-F4 are recall, F5-F8 (so F1-F4 with Shift) are save. 

• Thanks 1

They are remembering current strips. Let say you are working with several not consequent tracks and need to switch between them. You  can temporary reorder them, but that can be annoying. With F buttons you can remember up to 4 strips and switch with one button press. Note that strips can be tracks and buses.

That was default behavior in the original plug-in, not my idea. I have just reproduced it in the preset.

• Thanks 1