Activation of my Cakewalk dwnld

Has anyone had the same issue I'm currently having?.. Ive kinda wrestled with initially downloading my 2nd Cakewalk by Bandlab onto my desktop for my home projects ( I also downloaded on my smaller laptop earlier this year with no known issues except latency due to my laptops inadequate RAM. So I got the 2nd download of the Cakewalk by BLab after installing the required Bandlab  Assistant (and account) but now after opening my new DAW I get the RED death label "Not Activated Please Contact Support 100" Check with going to the next required step of actual activating this version by creating a "Cakewalk/user account" I get the posted " No new Accounts being enabled"? or allowed? Lol Really Bandlab?! I'm trying to reach out a bit and get some intel on this seemingly circle chasing before simply uninstalling and ditching Cakewalk all together (which I'm a Sonar user some 5-8 yrs now (TAPS)) and just starting to shop the other DAW options and a fresh start..... Thanks to any Producer/Composer/hobbyists for any inside info you can enlighten me to.

Stony (Tn)

Did you download the assistant from here? https://www.bandlab.com/products/desktop/assistant

You download and install the assistant.

You log in using the Email account you signed up with and password. 

You go to the APPs tab and install Cakewalk. 

It works perfectly fine as I just did this a week ago on a new machine. 

It worked but I then found myself short on VST's so I installed Command Center and installed Splat and all my goodies. You should really do this first but so far it didn't cause any issues. I then patted myself on the back for remembering how to transfer my Splat Tungsten theme over to CbB. Then I populated it even more with my freebie collection of VST's. 

A cool trick I had to do as this is my 3rd machine and you are only allowed 2 installs of Addictive drums. I simply created a new XLN user and a different email address and grabbed the demos. That way projects that use AD don't freak out.  The demo sucks as there is not much there but at least the project opens. I had to load up good old Session drummer to fill in the missing cymbals and COWBELL! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stony Buckner said:

Check with going to the next required step of actual activating this version by creating a "Cakewalk/user account" I get the posted " No new Accounts being enabled"? or allowed? Lol Really Bandlab?!

If one is trying to create new accounts on the old Cakewalk site, yes that database is archived.

As noted above activation of Cakewalk by BandLab uses BandLab Assistant and the BandLab account created to download CbB NOT an account on the old Cakewalk site.

And thanks john Vere I did those steps already except installing command center or any vsts or plug ins. But maybe if I just ignore the res pop up note not activated "contact support" and just proceed to tracking my audio and recording and test how it will perform?

I have never seen a "contact support " pop up in CbB, Only notification I've gotten was "demo mode" which you get if you leave your computer in a closet for 8 months like I did.  That's why I was wondering if you somehow downloaded a fishy version. Your message does not seem normal. 

Good mrng John I got ya however Ive checked and confirmed The BandLab Assistant I first had to dwnld and then this new version of the DAW is the only ones I'm showing but the funny thing I just spent like oh around 5 hrs setting my parameters and going ahead with a production test run with one of my songs which entailed 5 tracks nothing major but I added some reverbs and minor editing adjustments cololrs of tracks etc, ; it was very user friendly like the old Sonar I'm familiar with..and  bam here's the red notice tag again! "Not Activated Cakewalk experienced a problem with activation. Please contact support (100) "

which when you click onto support leads down the same rabbit trail of not allowing any actual activations? lol Oh and I try saving my project to get online and dig a little deeper into the issue and a blue tag same size pops up "Not Able to safe due to Activation problem" So somethings up with DAW I've debugged my machine it's new etc ..

Others may want to really use a backup plan if you're planning on using this software package for any length of time and reliably based on my several weeks of experience. 

Email support is support@cakewalk.com

While waiting for a reply from support

Try logging out and back into BA - use the sign out button on the settings page, click the gear in the upper left to get to the settings page.

See if the BA will activate CbB using the refresh activation menu option

6hjkFI5.png

The printscreen button captures the entire screen into the copy buffer

ALT+printscreen captures the current window into the copy buffer

Either may be pasted into a drawing tool such as Paint, saved and uploaded.

Windows snipping tool is handy too especially as full screen and full windows can be a little big to post.

There is a 50 MB quota for uploaded images.

Instead of uploading images directly, I created an account on imgur.com, upload images there and embed links to them in my posts here.

Another thing to try is

• uninstall using the option on the BA menu in my image above.
  • make sure "c:\programdata\cakewalk\cakewalk core" is deleted (c:\programdata is a hidden directory)
  • re-install

If you have One drive installed via your Microsoft account it can be told to save all "Alt/ prt scn" screen shots to it's " Pictures/Screenshots" folder. 

So they are automatically saved to the cloud and your hard drive too. 

So do you have Command Center installed? 

My self I would try deleting everything that says Cakewalk from the computer. 

Install and run Command center until everything is up to date. 

Open Splat and test a few things to make sure it's working normally.

Now download and install the Bandlab assistant then install CbB