Sampling Rate issues

Tim Bauer

Question

I seem to be having issues with sampling rate. I have a pre-recorded tract that I'm using as a "master" track. I'm basically trying to reproduce a previously recorded song. The issue I keep having is that at totally random points the audio will stop matching the metronome, and will play back de-tuned. I know this is some kind of sampling rate issue, but I can't figure out why sometimes it plays back perfectly, and other times it doesn't. It's the same file! I usually have to re-boot the computer and then re-boot the audio interface and that usually fixes it, but even that has recently stopped working. Any help here would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

So, I've got some more information. The audio file is showing a bit rate of 3072 which by my calculations is 48 khz sample rate and 32 bit depth. When I check my properties in Cakewalk it is set to 48khz and 24 bit depth. It doesn't seem that I can change the bit depth in Cakewalk, so It must be something I can change in my audio interface software....having trouble finding that setting. I'm using and older Presonus studioLive 16.0.2 firewire unit.