Anybody using Anydesk?

Hello,

I’m using Anydesk to remotely record another computer running Cakewalk. I’m running Win 7 and my partner is running Win 10. If I play an mp3 from Audacity or Windows media player On his computer, the audio comes through my system. It sounds great. However, I cannot hear anything when I operate his Cakewalk. He hears it. I don’t. I can see it being recorded, just can’t hear a thing from Cakewalk. I’ve been battling this for a few days and can’t figure out if this is even possible or why Audacity works and Cakewalk doesn’t.

I’ve read everything at Anydesk and nothing touches on this subject. Does anyone have any ideas about what would work? Maybe a different remote software.  Self quarantining has forced me into working this way where the singer is 100 miles from me.

My own update: I've connected to my computer running Anydesk from an iPad Proand an iPhone  and it works. The audio is choppy and there still isn't any audio from Cakewalk.

Also, I ran Anydesk on a MacBook Pro and it also works. The audio was very good from every application except Cakewalk.

The iPad and MacBook were using the same wifi as my ethernet connected Cakewalk computer.

I just found out that Reaper behaves the same way as Cakewalk. I can't anything from it on the remote computer.

I've tried using Zoom for the audio, but that was a dead end. Did not sound good, at all.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Michael

Let me see if I can solve my problem by going a different direction.

When I want to share the progress of a project I am working on in Cakewalk I export the audio as an mp3. The length of time it takes to mix down the project into the mp3 takes way too long. I thought I might get lucky using Audacity. I set the audio host to Windows WASAPI and it records anything from my computer. Except Cakewalk.

Obviously, something strange is going on. Is there anybody out there that specializes in strangeness?

Michael