No sound: AKAI MPK mini

Klapsii

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my AKAI MPK mini. 

About a month ago, I had to set up my computer again. Before that, everything worked fine. Now I have the problem, that cakewalk is recognizing the MPK mini in the properties (as you can see in the picture), but I don't get a sound or any input, when I play it with a virtual instrument. I already tried switching the USB port, but that didn't worked, which makes sense, because cakewalk is recognizing the keyboard in the properties.

I hope anyone can help me!

Mika

Screenshot (2).png

How did you insert the instrument? If you insert the instrument as a "Simple Instrument Track" you should have a working instrument track with a MIDI input and an audio output. [The instrument track is a combined MIDI/audio track with MIDI input and audio output, which can be split into separate MIDI and audio tracks].

Make sure that input echo [the button to the right of the red record arm button in the track pane] is enabled for that instrument track. By default, it should be.

Check the track MIDI input setting in the track pane or track inspector. Which should be defaulted to "None", which in Cakewalk is equal to "Omni", so it should respond to any available MIDI source.  Make sure it hasn't defaulted to a single MIDI source that is not active, or connected.

If all else fails, enable the virtual controller [alt+shift+0] and try that to make sure that the instrument is responding to MIDI, and the audio output is working.

Edited by abacab

Hello abacab!

Thank you, for your response.

I checked all of your points and everything is like you said: Simple instrument track, input echo is enabled and input is set to none. It's still not working.

When I enable the virtual controller and play a note on my midi controller, nothing happens.

If you have any other ideas please let me know! At least I know now, that the problem probably isn't in the DAW.

3 hours ago, Klapsii said:

At least I know now, that the problem probably isn't in the DAW.

At least it seems that it may not be the MPK mini, since the virtual controller didn't work either.

What virtual instrument are you using? Can you try using a different one? Perhaps one that you can play with a mouse, such as Cakewalk SI- Electric Piano?

That would rule out MIDI, because you would be triggering the instrument directly through the UI. If you still hear no sound, it may be that the audio output in the DAW has issues.

• 3 months later...

Hi all.. I´m having the same problem.... Everything was working well, and suddenly stopped to work.

BUT this happens just with Cakewalk... When I test with MPC Essentials, the MPK mini is working well (i tested using Hybrid3 synth)...

Any other suggestion to check and try???

Tks a lot!

Luciano Martins

8 hours ago, lumartins220 said:

Hi all.. I´m having the same problem.... Everything was working well, and suddenly stopped to work.

BUT this happens just with Cakewalk... When I test with MPC Essentials, the MPK mini is working well (i tested using Hybrid3 synth)...

Any other suggestion to check and try???

Tks a lot!

Luciano Martins

I answered this in your other thread...