Media Files Gone after Clean Install?

Michael Fogarty

I did a bunch of kids songs for some friends dragging and dropping the media files drum loops into the timeline -a great shortcut for recording live drums or tapping them out since they are for simple kids songs. However, after a clean install to Windows 10 (not relevant but letting you know) when I click on the media pulldown menu they are no longer there. (or I don't see them and can't navigate to them.) How do I get these back? The ones that I dragged into the songs are there in the timeline but no longer can I create new songs with them as the media is not there. Do I need to find them and install them again? Were they part of Sonar Platinum and not Bandlab?

Thanks for the help.

17 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

I believe they were part of the Cakewalk Sonar content (loops/one shots) that came bundled with Sonar Platinum.

You can always download that loop content from your Cakewalk Command center and reinstall it.

Hello again. I don't see any Loop Content in the Command Center. Could you please instruct? Thank you.

Just to be clear, what used to be called "Loops and One Shots" was reorganized content from Beatscape bundled with X2-3 Producer. This was not part of Platinum.  The 3 libraries shown above were part of SONAR installs (including Platinum) for some time. Platinum also included other loop libraries. They should show up at the Command Center top level. These include the Brian Hardgroove Collection (Braintree exclusive), Kick Start Expansion Pack (Everett exclusive) and Big Fish Audio Loop Content.

1 hour ago, Michael Fogarty said:

PS - I obviously need a class in screenshots as well.

Ya that screenshot is not good. I cant see any of those titles.

Lets start with something easy (Which you probably should have been included in your opening post).

What version of Sonar did you own ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Ya that screenshot is not good. I cant see any of those titles.

Lets start with something easy (Which you probably should have been included in your opening post).

What version of Sonar did you own ?

Scook already answered this it seems.

The files are not there in his command center either.  Is the screenshot you posted from your most recent visit to Command Center?

So the easy question is, why do you have it and we don't? 

The version I used/use is in my first post. 

If you have any way to retrieve these it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Michael Fogarty

10 hours ago, synkrotron said:

Hi @Michael Fogarty

Regarding screen shots. First of all if you only want to copy a dialogue box or an active window you can do that by holding down the alt key then pressing the print screen key.

Or, alternatively you could paste into paint first and then crop to size. I am assuming you are using windows...

Cheers

andy

Hi there. I hit the windows key and print and put in paint. used to get better results. So, I hit the alt key, print key and then what? Control V to my desktop? 

Thanks for the help.

7 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Looks like these loops disappeared at the time of Cakewalk Inc shutdown: http://forum.cakewalk.com/loopmasters-sample-magic-and-xmix-content-collections-won39t-install-m3692709.aspx

Presumably their license became defunct when Cakewalk Inc became no more.

thank you for the link and simple answer Mark.  Much appreciated. I will put a mark by yours and Scooks names.

4 hours ago, Michael Fogarty said:

So, I hit the alt key, print key and then what? Control V to my desktop? 

Hiya Michael :)

Open Paint and then Control V into there, and then save the image to your hard drive (Pictures is best) and then from there attach it to your post.

Also, as I am a bit "old school" and always use the Print Screen button, I keep forgetting about the Windows Snipping Tool.

Hit the Windows key and then start to type snipping, and select Snipping Tool.

Looks like this:-

SnippingTool.jpg.18a11f2d669e4bc71171eeba459bfc35.jpg

Click on the New button and it allows you to drag a selection window of any part of your display and adds it to the clipboard. Then do the same as above which is, Control V into Paint and save to your Pictures folder so that you can drag it into here.

There are four modes altogether:-

SnippingTool2.jpg.fef7b42fa7db9389edb36737c8749e5e.jpg

It really is a, erm, snip :D

cheers

andy

16 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Click on the New button and it allows you to drag a selection window of any part of your display and adds it to the clipboard. Then do the same as above which is, Control V into Paint and save to your Pictures folder so that you can drag it into here.

Andy, you really are Old School. If you use the Snipping Tool, you already have cropped it the way you want, and you can "Save As..." right from there into your Pictures folder. No need to two-step it through Paint.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

Andy, you really are Old School. If you use the Snipping Tool, you already have cropped it the way you want, and you can "Save As..." right from there into your Pictures folder. No need to two-step it through Paint.

Haha! Yeah, I forgot about that too!

SnippingTool3.jpg.d6aec6df66e06f72fee3435cbff063ed.jpg

I didn't get that far :)

I really must make more use of Snipping Tool myself :D

cheers Larry,

andy

11 hours ago, Michael Fogarty said:

Is the screenshot you posted from your most recent visit to Command Center?

Very recent, it was from yesterday.

They do show up in Command center. However, the products do not show up on my Cakewalks products page. I do have Sonar Platinum still installed on my PC, Probably why I still have them and thought they were still available.

I just launched Command Center and these loop libraries are still showing up for me:

Big Fish

Loopmasters

Sample Magix

X-Mix

297862708_CommandCenter.PNG.067797f143c6af572def3615659d22fe.PNG

However the Big Fish libraries are the only ones that will download and re-install OK.  Just tested a re-install with Big Fish Urban Loop Collection.

I just get a "did not complete" error for Loopmasters, etc. when I try to install them.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1