Logic Pro 10.5 released

cclarry

Logic 10.5 is a massive update, especially for producing hip-hop and electronic music. Arguably, this is the most significant update since the release of Logic Pro X in the summer of 2013.

There are tons of new features and content for sampling and beat making, and everything is tightly integrated and designed to work together.

If you’re a Logic user, this is yet another free update. If you’re new to Logic, Apple is currently offering a 90-day free trial to check it out with all the features. Here is a short description of each of the key new features. Also watch the video.

Find out more...

• Thanks 1

Features look great for a free update. But I found the 'musical' examples sounded horrendous. Is that just me?

I was watching thinking 'Should I buy a Mac?' but then remembered that this is the first significant update to Logic in a long time and that a 16" Pro with 32GB RAM and 2TB SSD costs £3,399. I just checked. And if Apple again decides to leave the Pro Macs to rot, as it did until recently, you're using a DAW which ties you to Apple.

Edited by musical
typo
  • Sad 1

Because I needed to buy a Mac for app development, I've found it to be pretty easy to use.

I got Logic X 10.4.7 from ebay and with some Amex points it was all of $29 out of my pocket.

Unfortunately I cannot find how to update the baystid. I'm pretty sure it's a legitimate version as I had to redeem a code in the Apple Store  to get the installer.

I have ProTools 2020, Reaper 6.x, Studio One Pro 4.5, Mixbus 32C v6, Mixbus v6, Cubase 10.x  and Digital Performer 10.x installed on my Mac  machine.

It's a 2GHz Quad Core I7 with 16GB of Ram and Pro Tools 2020 runs so much better on it than my 3.4GHz i7-2600K, 32GB RAM Win 10 machine. Go figure.

Edited by Bapu

@Bapu Hey mate, first of all, you have to be running at least Mojave, secondly, it'll be in the app store. If not, speak to apple. When I moved from the US to UK again I had to get them to sort it out. One store initially tried to tell me I had to buy it again, I was like HELL NO!!. Anyway, if it's legit, which sounds like it is, it'll be there.

Tony