Key binding don't save user shortcuts.

Vyacheslav

Are you using a workspace that has Keyboard Shortcuts included? 

If this is the case. your key bindings are being saved, but the workspace is overriding them.

You need to re-save the workspace after changing your shortcuts, or remove keyboard shortcuts from the workspace.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Is there a shortcut to loop a region by enabling "loop playback," just by highlighting a region on the wave file?

SHIFT+L sets the loop points to the current selection

L  turns looping on & off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

SHIFT+L sets the loop points to the current selection

L  turns looping on & off.

I know these. Its an everyday use of muscle memory. Just thought maybe, perhaps - there's a shortcut setting to link it to highlighting a region in the clip. Like, if you just select a region it automatically "Enable" the loop playback. That will be an awesome cool feature. 🏆

1 minute ago, Will_Kaydo said:

I know these. Its an everyday use of muscle memory. Just thought maybe, perhaps - there's a shortcut setting to link it to highlighting a region in the clip. Like, if you just select a region it automatically "Enable" the loop playback. That will be an awesome cool feature. 🏆

Right, I see what you mean - in that case,  SHIFT + Space .

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

😂 It's the same as Shift+L. Isn't there a "Left click and Drag" binding key, to create the loop points automatically with this shortcut being on the mouse, by left click and drag only - using the select tool or smart tool function ? Sorry if I'm asking a lot right now. 

Nothing like that I'm afraid.

With the select tool, Left Click + drag is region select;  Right Click + drag is lasso select.

SHIFT + Space is different from SHIFT+L, as it sets the loop points, enables looping and starts playback all in one go. It's the closest thing to what you're looking for that's available at the moment.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Nothing like that I'm afraid.

With the select tool, Left Click + drag is region select;  Right Click + drag is lasso select.

SHIFT + Space is different from SHIFT+L, as it sets the loop points, enables looping and starts playback all in one go. It's the closest thing to what you're looking for that's available at the moment.

Totally understand. I wasn't infront of the PC when I got the Shift+Space tip, that's why I had to correct myself by changing my previous comment, which you have beat me to. 😂😌 

I remember stumbling on this a few years ago by accident, but totally forgot about it as I thought it was the same as Shift+L. So, i apologize for that.

This one will do just fine. I thank you for that. 👍 

• 4 months later...
On 5/12/2020 at 5:07 AM, msmcleod said:

Are you using a workspace that has Keyboard Shortcuts included? 

If this is the case. your key bindings are being saved, but the workspace is overriding them.

You need to re-save the workspace after changing your shortcuts, or remove keyboard shortcuts from the workspace.

I'm not using Workspaces. None is ticked. So that's not the problem. However, the Windows 2004 update crashed my DAW PC. So I had to clean install 2004 and formatted the System drive while I was at it. Where are the default and user Key Bindings stored? If they are on the system drive mine are gone.

Also, I keep most everything that's not installed by installers or stored in locations determined by programs on other drives to avoid losing things when the System Drive needs to be rebuilt. Is there any guidance on which folders to save periodically to avoid losing user settings, presets and etc? I understand that I'd need through the saved copies to copy and paste my user data, but that likely would be better than having to recreate them on the go.

14 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

I'm not using Workspaces. None is ticked. So that's not the problem. However, the Windows 2004 update crashed my DAW PC. So I had to clean install 2004 and formatted the System drive while I was at it. Where are the default and user Key Bindings stored? If they are on the system drive mine are gone.

Also, I keep most everything that's not installed by installers or stored in locations determined by programs on other drives to avoid losing things when the System Drive needs to be rebuilt. Is there any guidance on which folders to save periodically to avoid losing user settings, presets and etc? I understand that I'd need through the saved copies to copy and paste my user data, but that likely would be better than having to recreate them on the go.

Most of the settings are stored in the registry:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core

Although some legacy or specialized settings are stored in Cakewalk.ini

Keyboard bindings are stored here: 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\Bindings

For keyboard bindings however, the recommended process is to Export them to a .kbd file from within the Preferences dialog.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

For keyboard bindings however, the recommended process is to Export them to a .kbd file from within the Preferences dialog.

Thanks. That's what I'll do. Then I can import should they get clobbered by an update or re-install. I'm going to be running into a lot of similar situations since I've been using CbB from the beginning and there's a lot of tweaks I'll be re-doing as I stumble over them.

Followup question: I read the online Cakewalk binding export/import documentation but didn't get a clear picture of how imported bindings interact with existing ones. When a .kbd file is imported will it append the existing bindings or replace them? What happens if the import bindings include a binding that conflicts with an existing one?

BTW, I've noticed that the top online documentation search results are for Cakewalk by Bandlab not SONAR. Thank you support folks for that! I'm using it a lot now! I may setup a dedicated browser for Cakewalk Documentation.