How to get Addictive Drums up and running

Could it be that you have AD2 license in Sonar and now want to use in CbB?

Plugin manager might need an additional path to scan to find AD2.

Search disk where it is, might be under Cakewalk somewhere as installed in former Sonar.

That's what I think.

Hi Frank!  Great tool, Addictive Drums 2.

Make sure on install you chose to include the VST2 plugin on that setup list.  Then make sure it's going to a directory that you have entered as a scanned directory within Cakewalk.  I have a subdirectory "VST Instruments" as well as "VST Plugins" in my Cakewalk directory.  Make sure the VST setup in Cake has whatever one you are using listed, then rescan.

From then on it should show up in your list of soft synths.  If it's not there, it's not getting scanned.  Should work wonderfully.

4 hours ago, Frank DeFede said:

i can't Addictive Drums in the insert Soft Synth.  Only things shows up is Session Drummer.

Thanks

Hi Frank, I saw your earlier post that you had to re-install Sonar Platinum and Cakewalk by BandLab due to a Windows re-install. I assume that you recovered Sonar and its associated plugins via Command Center.

There are two things you will still need to install manually from 3rd party websites, in addition to all of the Command Center content.

The licenses for XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 and Celemony Melodyne were included in the Sonar bundle, but you needed to go directly to their respective websites to redeem your licenses. They are not installed via Cakewalk Command Center.

In the case of XLN Audio, you will need to install their XLN Online Installer, which will install the licensed products from your account onto your computer.

Edited by abacab

On 5/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, abacab said:

Hi Frank, I saw your earlier post that you had to re-install Sonar Platinum and Cakewalk by BandLab due to a Windows re-install. I assume that you recovered Sonar and its associated plugins via Command Center.

There are two things you will still need to install manually from 3rd party websites, in addition to all of the Command Center content.

The licenses for XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 and Celemony Melodyne were included in the Sonar bundle, but you needed to go directly to their respective websites to redeem your licenses. They are not installed via Cakewalk Command Center.

In the case of XLN Audio, you will need to install their XLN Online Installer, which will install the licensed products from your account onto your computer.

Thanks for the input.  I have Melodyne, but didn't have xln audio.  I was able to install it thanks to your instructions.  Not sure if I have all of the other goodies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapasoa said:

Install the XLN installer and after that you can install XLN products that you have payed  from their site.

Not just the ones you payed for. The Addictive Drums  licenses were also bundled for free with certain editions of Cakewalk Sonar, and are still valid.

But the same advice applies to recover those products with XLN installer, for example if you get a new computer and expected Cakewalk Command Center to install them for you, along with Sonar. Surprise, not there!