Ozone 9 elements free at Splice

Carlos  Iglesias

Thanks - Extremely slow download for 55Mb - saying 44 minutes left. Presumably their servers are busy?!

EDIT - tried a few minutes ago and downloaded fine this time. I've got Ozone 8 Elements so will have to see what the differences are

Edited by JoeGBradford

Elements 8 vs Elements 9 changes, myΒ observations:

Some GUI improvements in 9.
The EQ global edit puts more information on the screen and adds a solo button for each band.
The Imager has added an extra modeΒ to the Stereoize function. Now has modes I and II.
The Maximizer appears unchanged. Still works well.
The IOΒ panel appears unchanged.

I like the GUI improvements. Definitely worth getting for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

I think Elements will be more than enough for me πŸ™‚

It is actually quite powerful on its own.Β  Β If they were not giving it away, it is a no-brainer purchase on sale.Β Β 

Β 

While the "re mixing" functions of the higher tier options are kind of mind blowing.Β  Arguably that stuff should be handled by the mix in the first place (which most of us are likley the author of).Β Β 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Believe me, if you can afford to do the upgrade to Advanced, you should do it!
Β 

All of their top tier programs are something special.

I think I'd want Neutron Advanced as providing the most value to the average user.Β  The potential gains there seem of a higher order than the improvements of Ozone Advanced over Elements.Β Β 

Of course if you are a Mastering Engineer, Ozone Advance would pay for itself at the $166 price.

• Like 1

Ok, I had high hope for this: NOT SCALABLE. Just because it can allow you to have more space/area for the EQ (just an example), that doesn't mean it's scalable!
Who designs these things? You would think since engineers make this stuff, meaning very smart people, they would really think these things through.

Same with the pos of Superior Drummer 3... get it in your head devs, we are in the 4k era (and beyond). Get your act together.

In other words: TEXT elements and knobs and faders don't scale up, so it's bullshit calling it that way.
166.32 bucks for Ozone 9 advance just so it doesn't have a real scalable gui?
300 bucks for Superior Drummer 3 just so it doesn't have a real scalable gui?

Grrr, I am upset (while writing this because after this I won't care lol ) 😝

Plus note: Take a look at Nembrini, that guy does have a brain!
Audio Assault too (Viva Mexico!)
Hell, even Steven Slate made an effort with Steven Slate Drums 5.5
(not quite there, 150% scaling isn't enough, but at least it does scale the whole thing).🀩
Izotope and Toontrack are supposed to be way BIGGER of a company than the other 3 mentioned above... sigh...

14 hours ago, Carlos said:

Ok, I had high hope for this: NOT SCALABLE. Just because it can allow you to have more space/area for the EQ (just an example), that doesn't mean it's scalable!
Who designs these things? You would think since engineers make this stuff, meaning very smart people, they would really think these things through.

Same with the pos of Superior Drummer 3... get it in your head devs, we are in the 4k era (and beyond). Get your act together.

In other words: TEXT elements and knobs and faders don't scale up, so it's bullshit calling it that way.
166.32 bucks for Ozone 9 advance just so it doesn't have a real scalable gui?
300 bucks for Superior Drummer 3 just so it doesn't have a real scalable gui?

Grrr, I am upset (while writing this because after this I won't care lol ) 😝

Plus note: Take a look at Nembrini, that guy does have a brain!
Audio Assault too (Viva Mexico!)
Hell, even Steven Slate made an effort with Steven Slate Drums 5.5
(not quite there, 150% scaling isn't enough, but at least it does scale the whole thing).🀩
Izotope and Toontrack are supposed to be way BIGGER of a company than the other 3 mentioned above... sigh...

Most VSTs and VSTi I use have this problem. It really is surprising that they don't introduce GUI friendly options like scaling or allowing us to dock and un-dock sections.

The Synthmaster series too allows scaling and that is really helpful when you are struggling with screen real estate on a laptop screen.

• Like 1