Clip FX bin not processing on bounce

winkpain

Here's a very bizarre situation.

• I have a vocal clip and I put the Waves Tune plugin in the clip FX bin.
  • I make my adjustments in plugin as needed. Everything sounds good with the plugin running in the bin.
  • I choose Bounce to Clip (or Bounce to Track) to commit the FX edit, it shows the "mixdown" of the audio, and the FX bin is cleared.
  • However, nothing is changed in the audio of the clip per the Waves Tune plugin
  • Exporting out the track to a .wav file does apply the edit.

In running the many, many permutations of changes to find the issue (deleting everything else, FX, other clips, etc.), I found that (here's where it gets bizarre) moving the clip to the somewhere else in the project allows the bounce operation to succeed as expected. (There is no automation on the track, BTW.) And then....sliding the clip back to the original position after having done that (and doing an undo in order to test again) and then trying the bounce again with the FX, it succeeds! But not without moving it first and applying a bounce there, then undoing. This situation is true on any of the clips/tracks where I have placed the Waves Tune plugin, and is true when I place it in the track FX bin.

All other FX that I've test with, including other Waves pitch plugins, placed in the bin are fine with the bounce operation as normal.

Look that up in your Funk and Wagnalls ! 😕

3 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Perhaps the clip is not selected until you click on it to move it. Does it work if you just click it and not move it?

Oh I definitely had clicked/selected the clip. I'm well versed in the protocol for applying FX from the bin when bouncing.

2 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Doesn't Bounce to Track create a new track, complete with edits?

Yes. It's supposed to. That's why this is a curiosity. That's what I'm saying. This is weird. In the case of bouncing to track and this Waves Tune in the bin, CW simply rewrites the original unprocessed clip to the new track. And it's only with the Wave Tune plugin. Any other FX plugin, and bouncing to clip or track works as it should, processing the inserted FX and creating a new track or clip as the case may be.

I guess there's something amiss with this particular Waves plugin. But why would moving it make the difference??