32 bit plugins

Matt Burnside

Question

Hey guys, good to see so many of you from the old forums over here.

Anyhow got a weird glitching on a plugin I'm trying to use, every time I send any midi note to the instrument there's a popping kind of sound. The only difference between this plugin (Arminator) and all the other I use is that it's 32 bit.  I've cranked up the buffer size on the soundcard to 1024 and still I get this weird clicking. I can't think it's anything to do with the computer spec either as I can open round 15 instances of Xpand2 with absolutely no issues at all.

Be great if someone knows any way to sort this as the sounds from the plugin are really good

All comments appreciated.

• Thanks 1

15 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Matt Burnside said:

Hey @msmcleod

Thanks for that info, shall look in to JBridge now, never had to use it before.

This is certainly something that could be better done within Cakewalk too I reckon.

JBridge is well worth the small investment. It offers far more options/tweaks to get around potential compatibility issues with various 32 bit plugins.

Note that there's no need to use the JBridger program to create wrappers for each plugin. If you fire up Cakewalk Plugin Manager and select plugin properties on your 32 bit plugin, you can just check the "Load with JBridge wrapper" option and it takes care of it for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, RBH said:

Excellent - thank you . Do you know if there are any headaches to switch wrappers? I'm pretty sure I'm running bitbridge and may have uninstalled J-bridge by accident some months back. I'll see if I can find the J-bridge installer - ( hope it's named something recognizable )

There shouldn't be any headaches if you use the Cakewalk Plugin Manager.

Just select the plugin, click on Plugin Properties and toggle the "Load with JBridge Wrapper" checkbox.

Doing it this way (as opposed to using the JBridger app to create wrappers) means that Cakewalk sees it as the same plugin regardless of which wrapper its using.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Note that there's no need to use the JBridger program to create wrappers for each plugin. If you fire up Cakewalk Plugin Manager and select plugin properties on your 32 bit plugin, you can just check the "Load with JBridge wrapper" option and it takes care of it for you.

I didn't know that CPM could handle the details of implementing JBridge, thanks for the info!

Edited by TheSteven

Anyone know how I can check which wrapper is being used? I have a DAW that was inherited - and I don't have all the details and minutia for what was installed and being used regarding plug wrappers.

Is J-bridge integrated with the CbB install ? and used by default?

Edited by RBH

6 minutes ago, RBH said:

Anyone know how I can check which wrapper is being used? I have a DAW that was inherited - and I don't have all the details and minutia for what was installed and being used regarding plug wrappers.

BitBridge wrapped plugins have a blue/white title bar:

image.png.39755b68eaa5173183f0a91e5dbb4541.png

JBridge wrapped plugins have a normal title bar, but have an extra bar at the bottom with a "Settings" button.

• Like 1

Excellent - thank you . Do you know if there are any headaches to switch wrappers? I'm pretty sure I'm running bitbridge and may have uninstalled J-bridge by accident some months back. I'll see if I can find the J-bridge installer - ( hope it's named something recognizable )

Thanks to all above for introducing me to a new concept/solution that I believe could be useful for restoring compromised 32 bit plugins.  I only understand the broad strokes from the above posts and an obscure mention in the X3 docs.  Is the following a reliable doc reference for working with jBridge, or are there better sources available?

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/jbridge-troubleshooting/782-2/