She Picks Me Up

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

Here's another track off of my new album "Relics". I'm posting the full production version and the acoustic version - so listen to both if you like. Any comments and crits are welcome and thanks for listening.

Full production version:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14039184

Acoustic version:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=13667699

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Harry C. said:

I'm not sure which of the two versions I like better

I'm listening to the "un-plugged" version right now; stellar!

6 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

full production version

Liking that slap-back on the vocal. Its all Kirby, no doubt about that...
And that cow bell in the bridge, or is it in the badge 😉

Always a fan,

t

Recorded at Apartment 4 Studios?
Your domicile at the time?

• Like 1

Hi Doug! I listened to the full mix. Excellent song, love the parts, love how they come together. What would you identify as the chorus in this song?

I'm hearing verse / prechorus / chorus   ?

I think one thing you might consider is adding an element that really boosts the chorus, like a backing pad or doubled vocal or something, a ha! An organ pad!!!   just to get the arena really rocking!

Very Tom Petty, awesome!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Harry C. - Thanks for giving both versions a listen - I appreciate it.

DeeringAmps - I like the slap back echo on the vocal as well - it seemed to fit the song. Yeah, the acoustic version was recorded at my previous address. Thanks for listening.

Lynn - Glad you liked the song - thanks for giving them a listen.

emeraldsoul - I haven't used an organ on a song in awhile - that's a good idea. I bring in another rhythm guitar for the chorus, so I thought that was sufficient to boost the chorus a bit.

Makke - Thanks for listening and commenting - I appreciate it.

Wookiee - Thanks for lending your furry ears to my song - and thanks for commenting.

• Like 1

I don't think I've heard you play acoustic before. I'd pick  the acoustic version if I had to choose a favorite mainly because it sounds a bit different from the Kirby style I'm used to. Not sure what that means really but it's a good thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I don't think I've heard you play acoustic before. I'd pick  the acoustic version if I had to choose a favorite mainly because it sounds a bit different from the Kirby style I'm used to. Not sure what that means really but it's a good thing.

Thanks for listening Bjorn - yeah, I like the acoustic version too.