A shaggy dog story

StudioNSFW

IT seems there was this bar owner. He had booked a stellar act and put out a lot of advertising for his big new years eve event.  That day, the booking agent calls him and tell him the band he booked could not make it. The bar owner started to freak out and told the agent "Look, I need live music tonight...sdo you have ANYONE else?"

The booking agent paused and said "Wellll..I have one act. They are really good, but a little weird...a two piece act...an accordion player and a banjo player. Kind of a dancable world beat polka thing. You gotta hear it to believe it, but they are great...and  so far as I know, they are the last act available for tonight".

The bar owner had never heard of a band consisting of just banjo and accordion, seeing no other option, said "Well, OK...Anything is better than nothing..."

The musicians showed up, set up their gear, hit the stage at the appointed time...and proceeded to absolutely tear the roof off the place. The place was jumpin' the drinks were flowin', and the bar had it's best night ever. 

At the end of the night, the bar owner paid the band out, He was so thrilled that he had an idea "Hey guys...You know, that was some of the best live music we've ever had here. I'd like to make this an annual thing.  Can I go ahead and book you for next new years eve right now?"

The accordion player and the banjo player stepped aside and huddled for a second as they discussed the offer. Finally, the banjo player came back to the bar owner and asked "Can we leave our stuff set up?"