Kontakt info on Missing Samples and on 3rd-party content

Robert Bone

I always hated dealing with the "Missing Samples" messages I would keep getting and browsing for the samples, every time I would load from certain libraries.

Well, read the section on Batch Save, at the following link, to permanently fix this situation one time for each library this message comes up for:

https://impactsoundworks.com/optimizing-kontakt-workflow-part-3/

I also just today learned about getting my 3rd-party sample libraries and instruments added to the Kontakt Libraries.  For this, locate the Kontakt Factory Library, and click on the little arrow on Instruments, and then click on Open Containing Folder.

You can add your 3rd-party Kontakt sample libraries to the folder structure here - I chose to create a new top-level folder called User Libs, at the same level as Band, Choir, Vintage, etc.... Then, I went through my 3rd-party libraries and chose the ones I frequently access, and copied/pasted them into my User Libs folder.

A restart of Kontakt, OR doing a refresh in Kontakt, is needed, to be able to access the newly-added User Libs content.

I LOVE learning kewl helpful stuff like the above, and hope some folks can make use of the above, as well.

Bob Bone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BB: good to see you over here on the new forum.

That was an excellent read.  I've used Kontakt for years but am an utterly "non-techie" person, so articles like this help massively because I would never figure it any of that out on my own. 

Many thanks for the post.

• Like 1