Disable scroll wheel parameter adjustment

Simon Mair

I wonder if I’m the only person having this issue:
My Mixer window doesn’t completely fit on the screen, so I have to scroll up and down, using the mouse wheel. The problem is, that when you’re using the wheel while your pointer is right above the Pan setting or the level fader of any channel, it will accidentally change the value of the respective setting - mostly without you even noticing it. How I hate it when that happens. 😫

It would be great to be able to control the functions of the mouse wheel or to disable the wheel to change parameters like pan or fader level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Mair said:

My Mixer window doesn’t completely fit on the screen

This usually happens when trying to run on an unsupported display. The program requires a minimum screen resolution of 1280x800.

The problem also occurs when you’re working on one screen only and you have the mixer in the dock only. There’s no way you can avoid scrolling up and down in there. 

Maybe it would be enough to introduce a command like CTRL+wheel to allow scrolling only without changing any values. 

• Like 1

You can remove items from the Console view (mixer section) to avoid having to scroll so much. I typically remove inputs/outputs, gain knobs, use small icons so i don't have to scroll up/down.

Click "Modules" in the CV menu and do away with what you don't need at that particular moment.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Views.35.html

Edited by chuckebaby