Steven Wilson Remix competition

In this time of quarantine and lockdown, THE FUTURE BITES invite you to get creative with PERSONAL SHOPPER. Fill in the form below to get access to download track stems. Upload your finished remix to Soundcloud and submit them using the submit form below. The winning remixes will be featured on Steven Wilson's official social channels. Good luck!

http://thefuturebites.com/remix/

I will be downloading the stems at least, I am sure I can learn something. Incidentally I have heard that Soundcloud have taken down some entries for copyright infringment. Looks like a communication problem and hopefully it will be resolved.

3 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Incidentally I have heard that Soundcloud have taken down some entries for copyright infringment. Looks like a communication problem and hopefully it will be resolved.

I wouldn't count on it. I did one of these some time ago and had exactly that problem with SC and despite several attempts pointing out that it was a competition that the copyright holder had provided the stem tracks for all I got back was a bog standard notice that it was infringement of copyright and therefore could not be posted.

The problem is that publishers have hired third parties to aggressively troll the internet for copyright infringement.

There have been many indefensible injustices as a result. YouTube videos taken down because they had seagull sounds in them. Instructional videos using popular music to teach music theory. Videos shot while a radio happened to be playing in the background. Movie reviews forced to mute scenes. Even original music being claimed by the likes of Warner Music Group, the worst offender.