Is There a way to Pitch Bend in the Piano Roll?

ceakay

Question

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

I haven't used it yet but this one may have more features than LICEcap, but seems a little scary to me. Install took longer and once installed a capture launch dropdown was added in the top center of my screen that I couldn't immediately determine how to remove. So I uninstalled it which required a reboot that took considerably longer than usual to get rid of the capture launch dropdown.

I don't like that quirk either.  You have to click Exit from the main screen to really exit the program...otherwise it stays in the background ready to leap into action!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

Pitch bend is MIDI Event type Wheel

hOsojgz.gif

Did you use the Xbox Game Bar to make that video? I've recently learned about it and am going to try it out after my new computer is ready.

7 hours ago, Caleb said:

Is there a way where I can see the automation within the piano roll so I can easily pitch bend the notes?

What softsynth are you using that actually plays the notes?  Does it even respond to pitch bend. (most do)   Usually the range is 2 semi tones up and down.  The range can be changed with other events, however, the synth would have to respond to these. Depending on the synth, you may be able to map another controllers to pitch bend range.

What you see in the piano roll (PRV) would not be automation but would be actual MIDI pitch bend events. 

See Scook's video to see how to edit pitch bend events in the PRV

Edited by Promidi

14 hours ago, RobertWS said:

There is also a screen capture/recorder program called Screen Hunter.  They have a free version.

https://www.wisdom-soft.com/downloads/downloadfiles.htm

I haven't used it yet but this one may have more features than LICEcap, but seems a little scary to me. Install took longer and once installed a capture launch dropdown was added in the top center of my screen that I couldn't immediately determine how to remove. So I uninstalled it which required a reboot that took considerably longer than usual to get rid of the capture launch dropdown.

56 minutes ago, RobertWS said:

I don't like that quirk either.  You have to click Exit from the main screen to really exit the program...otherwise it stays in the background ready to leap into action!

I mentioned the Xbox Game Bar earlier in the thread. That is a screen grabber/recorder that comes in Windows 10. I haven't messed with it much, but just enough to know that it does work. It's main function is for gamers to record their game play but it works for anything on the screen. Can't really compare it will other screen recorders because I haven't used them enough to make a comparison.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-bar/9nzkpstsnw4p?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

• Thanks 1