User Interface feature so many other DAWS have that Cakewalk doesn't have...

Craig Reeves

If you look at other DAWs like Logic, Digital Performer, Cubase, Studio One and I'm sure others as well, you're able to zoom out vertically to where the tracks in the arranger view are so tiny that up to 50 tracks can be seen at once. Cakewalk allows you to zoom out horizontally extremely well, but vertically, the tracks can't get super narrow the way they can in other DAWs.

This is a feature that I think would greatly benefit for film scoring in Cakewalk because you can see more of the music at once. In film scoring, because there's so many instruments a film composer wants to have access to/uses, there can be hundreds of MIDI tracks they're using. In other DAWs, you can see more of the music at once. 

• Great Idea 1

From what I understand there are better programs than Cakewalk for large orchestral scores.  You might want to try those. 

Evidently the previous post was about tracks, not scores with staves on them; ergo, comment was unintentionally OT. 

Edited by User 905133
To withdraw a comment that was unintentionally off-topic

A friend of mine works on film scores and he literally has 250 tracks per project in Logic. Each virtual instrument has a separate track for articulations. And you'd be amazed at how realistic his scores sound. So your feedback about track count is absolutely accurate in orchestral scores. 

On 5/16/2020 at 11:31 PM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Previous requests for a vector based GUI would allow this

I want to believe that the dev team is working on that. Noel said not long ago that this is no trivial task, though.

On 5/20/2020 at 3:42 PM, JoseC said:

I want to believe that the dev team is working on that. Noel said not long ago that this is no trivial task, though.

Yes it would be a pretty major overhaul but with the resolution of monitors now available and competing DAWs having this , I think it's a worthwhile investment of Dev time