MODO Drum 50% off

cclarry

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

Thanks Larry.

It automatically adds the MODO50 promo code for me (presumably because I own MODO Bass) at the checkout to reduce it by 50 EUR.

Works out at 99.99 EUR if you don't pay VAT or 119.99 EUR if you do.

Still on the fence. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Larry.

It automatically add the MODO50 promo code for me (presumably because I own MODO Bass) at the checkout to reduce it by 50 EUR.

Works out at 99.99 EUR if you don't pay VAT or 119.99 EUR if you do.

Still on the fence. 

Also $99 for me. There went the last $100 of my "it ain't stimulatin' me" check. The other $1100 went for a 65" 4K Sony TV!

• Like 3

I have really enjoyed using MODO Drum since it was first released. I am more of a finger drummer and do not use loops or patterns much and the playing experience is really nice. I love the depth of the sound of most of the kits, I normally gravitate to the stock Studio kit and love the ability to fine tune the drums,

• Like 2

I wish there was a demo (unless I am missing something), I passed this up on release, I own BFD1/2/3 and practically every expansion pack there is, had EZD2, Superior 2 and all expansions (GAS, never liked or used SD2 or it's expansions), Superior 3, AD1/2 etc, the only one I ever used is BFD, it sounded the best to my ears, the rest just gathered dust, so I sold all the Toontrack and XLN stuff, been doing the same with Amp Sims, either giving away or selling those I don't use and only keeping the ones I do.

MODO Bass was awesome, it immediately replaced Trilian for me, I'd like to think MODO Drums was also, but none of the audio demo's for MODO Drum really grabbed me, I thought the sound I get with BFD is better and more realistic, but then it's hard comparing audio demos on the net to the real thing on your system. Another thing that makes me a little hesitant is that there hasn't really been much buzz from the punters in the various forums around the place, makes me think it never really made that much of an impression?

Anyone who owns MODO Drums and also BFD3 care to comment? DO you use MODO Drum or does it just gather dust? I know it's nice to own everything, but now days I've been shying away from buying just for the sake of it, and trying to buy and keep only the stuff I actually use.

Wish they had a damn demo (10 months or so on and still no demo . . . hmmm, may be a sign). I wouldn't pay full price regardless, but 99e is tempting, but not if I will end up not using it.

Never mind, after re-listening to a heap of audio demo's, and re-watching a heap of videos and reading various forum posts, checking the release notes for the 1.1.0 update, I remember that it was more than just the sound that pushed me to leave it on the shelf at release.

I'll have to pass again.

• Like 1

Nothing on my system gathers dust, else the hard drive won't work anymore.

On the other hand, those things I don't use do take up space. My samples drive is 8TB and I've only about 1.5TB free today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/8/2020 at 8:22 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

Looks like you can't use Jampoints with the $50 discount.  Bummer.

No Matt, IK doesn't allow more than one promo code per order. 

I went for it.  Good price! Not even a holiday. Wonder what's up with that?

Just now, Mesh said:

For acoustic drums  I really like AD2 and EZ2. MODO seems to be more in depth as far as  sculpturing the sound...how do you guys like it so far? 

It kind of falls somewhere between AD2/EZD and SD3/BFD3 Mesh, IMO.   One of the beauty's of it is the footprint!  It's 11 GB
total.  ONE KIT in SD3/BFD3 is 5 to 10 times that size.  Also, AD2/EZD kits are from 1 to 3 Gb also...So for the Number of kits,
the tweakability, etc...I'd say MODO is a decent buy....however, that's just MO...YMMV...ABC...easy as 1,2 ,3...simple as...oh got carried away!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1