Something different

daryl1968

Hi nice people of the forum

Yesterday I finished this video.

It is my wife's choir here in Wales, UK singing We'll Meet Again - a tribute on VE day's 75th Anniversary (WW2 Victory in Europe).

I had to fix the audio from 23 videos taken on mobile phones (UK is under strict lockdown), then manually align them to the backing track they were singing to, then create a video from all of it. It was posted last night and has 9,000 views on Facebook so far. I hope you enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/415956582

Edited by daryl1968
  • Like 3

Bloody Brilliant Mate!
A labour of love no doubt.

43 minutes ago, daryl1968 said:

VE day's 75th Anniversary

How many thought "what?" Unfortunate you had to annotate it, but I'm sure necessary...

I don't have enough thumbs, so I'll just say AAA++++++++

t

tried to leave a like and comment, not a member of vimeo; one more site to manage 🙄, sorry mate...

Edited by DeeringAmps
add comment
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeeringAmps said:

Bloody Brilliant Mate!
A labour of love no doubt.

How many thought "what?" Unfortunate you had to annotate it, but I'm sure necessary...

I don't have enough thumbs, so I'll just say AAA++++++++

t

Thanks so much mate. The worst part was that I didn't get the videos from the singers until Tuesday, so spent 2 full days on it. Mind you, bugger all else to do :)

• Like 1

Wow Daryl, that's really great - the video must have taken ages!!

Really Fantastic

The Village in the UK where my brother lives has done a sort of picture tribute - my brother put up these pictures of our father - nice thing I think

Shame I couldn't be there to see them but I'm still in Africa!!

Nigel

VE Day tribute to Reg Nicholls reduced.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bajan Blue said:

Wow Daryl, that's really great - the video must have taken ages!!

Really Fantastic

The Village in the UK where my brother lives has done a sort of picture tribute - my brother put up these pictures of our father - nice thing I think

Shame I couldn't be there to see them but I'm still in Africa!!

Nigel

VE Day tribute to Reg Nicholls reduced.jpg

Thanks Nigel - that's a lovely tribute. All the photos in our video are family of the choir members. 

I had 2 days to do the whole thing - lots of midnight oil burned. 

1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

Daryl
Wow, just wow. I'm sure that three minute video took hours and hours to put together but well worth the time and effort. Something to be proud of for sure.

Thanks a lot Bjorn. I had 2 days to get it done as it had to be posted the evening before VE day. There were overwhelming moments :)

45 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Loved it, I saw all the edits and comping, wow great project! I liked the spirit of costuming as well, big fun. See you on Reddit!

-Tom

Thanks a lot mate.  They're a great bunch of women. 

1 hour ago, David Sprouse said:

Who did the solos during the instrumental?  Loved the raw performance and goofy audio, made authentic.  All the smiles seemed so sincere!

Hi David. I used a (very good) karaoke backing on this. Would have loved to do the music myself but didn't have enough time.