Mp3 converter-Pyro Audio Creator not working

bluearrows

Just had to reinstall all my software on a new PC( I hate that).Ive hit a glitch in that my old favourite Pyro Audio Creator keeps asking for a code which is generated by Cakewalk.It keeps telling me its the wrong code, I'm guessing its got something to do with the now dead cakewalk site etc.Anyone have any ideas on what I can do i really like this piece of ancient software.

I'd forgotten about Pyro. I've just tried installing it now. It appeared to install ok but it doesn't seem to be working. After launching it appears listed under Processes (but not under Applications) in Task Manager, but the GUI is absent.

Bummer when an old favorite becomes abandonware.

My favorite audio file format converter is Mediahuman, which is freeware, cross-platform, and can handle just about any format, bitrate, bit depth, etc. MP3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, in both directions.

When I finish a mix, I render once to WAV with the DAW and then use Mediahuman to generate the different formats for distribution.

https://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/

If you need disc burning, InfraRecorder still works great and requires no serial numbers:

http://infrarecorder.org/

• 1 month later...

If you're just trying to convert files, converter lite freeware is the best thing I've ever found. Basically converts anything to anything. unbelievable that it's free actually.

On another note though, I had Cakewalk Audio Creator 1.5 and loved it for all my Mp3 needs. Especially the gain feature that actually raised the volume of Mp3 files, not just equalized them or said it raised the level like the 20 or so other programs I've tried. Audacity freeware almost did what I wanted, but fell short of Pyro. Long story short, my laptop crapped the bed and I lost Pyro. I have the numbers, but no longer have the disc. I ended up buying a cheap Audio Technica turntable that came with Pyro Audio Creator LE. I installed it and although it had an automatic serial number embedded, I needed to log in to Cakewalk to get the registration number by e-mail. Anyone here who has tried that knows the catch 22. It won't recognize your username/e-mail at log in and wants you to create a new account. Then tells you that Cakewalk is not allowing new accounts at this time. Vicious cycle starts.

I finally got a hold of someone for Cakewalk customer support (support@cakewalk.com) and with a couple e-mails got the registration code from them that actually works. I would still like to get back my old version of Pyro Audio Creator 1.5 and was wondering if anyone here has it or knows how to download a free version. Searching the net just leads to bogus sites that don't have anything to download.

Hope I was able to help.

I'm a little confused. With CbB you can just export to mp3. This will use the Lame encoder. 

It is what i use these days. It doesn't have a charge.

Mp3 encoding is no longer protected so any software developer can package it for free.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, Fred said:

Audacity freeware almost did what I wanted

Audacity is my go to when I'm finished a project.  Exports to mp3 without a hitch.   Also great to normalize the finished song.

But that's just me.  I'm an old coot who worships anything that doesn't take a lot of thinking to get the job done.  😁

/OM

Edited by Oscar Myer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...