Media Browser shortcuts gone

Hello. I store all my samples on external hard drive. In Cakewalk's Media Browser I saved some shortcuts to folders with sounds I frequently use.

Yesterday I launched Cakewalk without the external hard drive. It was switched off. I ran the program for a few minutes, didn't even use the browser.

Today I launched Cakewalk with external drive present. I noticed that my custom shortcuts to folders were gone. Is that possible? How can I retrieve them? 

Also, can someone tell me, why drop down menu in the Media Browser is divided like that, with partially duplicated directories? Is this how it's suppose to look? 

Media Browser drop down menu.jpg

Edited by Michal Ochedowski
additional information

Be patient. There’s far more questions than people who have your specific answer ready at their finger tips. It might take a while. 

Do you remember the name of the Preset/s? Maybe try doing a search for the file that naming the preset would have created. Or perhaps a Registry search for the Preset name. 

I’m on a phone at the moment but when I get back to my PC I can have a look for some clues. 

On 5/11/2020 at 3:47 PM, Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL) said:

Do you remember the name of the Preset/s? Maybe try doing a search for the file that naming the preset would have created. Or perhaps a Registry search for the Preset name. 

I’m on a phone at the moment but when I get back to my PC I can have a look for some clues. 

Thank you for your response. I should be more precise in my first post. Recreating shortcuts is not an issue, especially since I haven't had a lot of them, yet. My question was more about the disappearance itself. I thought that shortcuts would simply be available again, once I properly restarted my laptop with external disk connected. This wasn't the case. They never showed up. 

Perhaps you have some information about the divided menu?