How to Email Cakewalk Tracks to a ProTools User

4 hours ago, ARTHUR VERNER said:

Export, Presets, Raw tracks. 

^^This is how you get the files. In the export dialog take note of the format you are exporting. Your collaborator might want to know.

For sending I don't recommend email, because the files are so large. Get a free Dropbox account, or OneDrive, or use a service like WeTransfer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Wouldn't BandLab itself be pretty fab for this? I haven't tried it yet for moving stems around, but isn't it already set up for this kind of thing?

I collaborate with a PT user and so far we've used Google Drive and MEGA, but I was hoping to try BL at some point. Does BandLab allow WAV or at least FLAC?

I was thinking the same myself.

Another thing that crossed my mind was exporting the stems and importing them into ProTools First (which is free, but limited to 16 tracks).

At least that way you're actually sending a ProTools session to your colleague.

But if quality is maintained in BandLab, then that might be a good choice... as long as the 6 minute limit isn't an issue.

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Another thing that crossed my mind was exporting the stems and importing them into ProTools First (which is free, but limited to 16 tracks).

I've read somewhere that we've been given only the cloud option for saving 3 projects in the free PT version. Maybe I missed some details about saving projects to disk.